Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

I had the 3rd chemo session this week...3 more to go. It went very well and for the next blood tests my doctor didn't ask for any cancer markers. Thank God, it all seems to be going fine.

Re. online dating, I've talked to a couple of guys and wasn't impressed. The last one who seemed promising when I told him that my favourite season is winter he said 'I hope that doesn't mean you're cold in bed'

Oh brother. "I'm only as cold as you are selfish."

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re. online dating, I've talked to a couple of guys and wasn't impressed. The last one who seemed promising when I told him that my favourite season is winter he said 'I hope that doesn't mean you're cold in bed'

Roll eyes indeed! How does one even respond to that! Dead silence, perhaps. Or just hang up. Or quip that now he will never know. Sheesh!

Edit: ITIC's suggestion was great.

I can never think of witty things to say in the heat of the moment.

• 3 weeks later...

What's wrong with men nowadays? A 49yo guy messaged me online...nice pics, lives close to me, educated..we started talking and after the first hello's and how are you, he goes, 'do you know why I messaged you? because you're tall and slim...I've been on this site for 4 days and I've seen so much fat it's disgusting!'. Why on earth would someone (who's not 15) think that that's a nice way to introduce himself to a woman???

Re. my health, I had the 4th chemo session this week..my doctors are very satisfied so far and, what's more, the last one will be in the beginning of January..so, I'll have a chemo-free birthday (Jan 26)

What's wrong with men nowadays? A 49yo guy messaged me online...nice pics, lives close to me, educated..we started talking and after the first hello's and how are you, he goes, 'do you know why I messaged you? because you're tall and slim...I've been on this site for 4 days and I've seen so much fat it's disgusting!'. Why on earth would someone (who's not 15) think that that's a nice way to introduce himself to a woman???

Re. my health, I had the 4th chemo session this week..my doctors are very satisfied so far and, what's more, the last one will be in the beginning of January..so, I'll have a chemo-free birthday (Jan 26)

"Then stop staring at your beer gut instead of the screen"

Great news!!!

It's because my philosophy is spreading! I put in a lot of hard work, doing this sort of thing long before it was cool or mainstream, and it's finally paying off...!

"Dear job applicant,

Thanks for applying for this job. We are responding to you because you're not a garbage candidate like the others we've seen last week."

I'm a man and I ask myself the same question when I read/hear things like this

I think this particular man was trying to flatter you, but at the same time he revealed he is a misogynist. He would never describe overweight men as disgusting, just women. We should be happy people reveal themselves to us early. Sorry you had this experience.

Good to hear of your progress

I'm a man and I ask myself the same question when I read/hear things like this

I think this particular man was trying to flatter you, but at the same time he revealed he is a misogynist. He would never describe overweight men as disgusting, just women. We should be happy people reveal themselves to us early. Sorry you had this experience.

Good to hear of your progress

Glad to read this Sportster. I have heard so many men say these types of things - some of them overweight themselves - and one of them high up there themselves in attractiveness.

Some years back a guy friend from grad school would call me and want to talk on the phone for a while. I'm not sure if he was interested in me or not, but for professional sake, I stayed in touch with him. He would complain about all the single mothers on dating sites, saying he didn't like it, it's so hard to find a woman without kids, they should be focusing on their kids, and not dating, etc.... and I was like, 'maybe they wouldn't be single mothers if the men in their lives had stuck around.' so... yeah. that kind of shut him up. (Granted, maybe some of those women left their husbands/bfs, but my point was, a woman doesn't become a single mother without a man having been part of the picture at some point, typically.)

. He would complain about all the single mothers on dating sites, saying he didn't like it, it's so hard to find a woman without kids, they should be focusing on their kids, and not dating, etc....

What a silly statement. Isn't it better if the single moms end up find someone to form a healthy family for the kids to grow up in?

If he doesn't want to date people with kids, he can just filter them out.

Oh well there's always singles out there once they open their mouths, you know why they're single.

Some years back a guy friend from grad school would call me and want to talk on the phone for a while. I'm not sure if he was interested in me or not, but for professional sake, I stayed in touch with him. He would complain about all the single mothers on dating sites, saying he didn't like it, it's so hard to find a woman without kids, they should be focusing on their kids, and not dating, etc.... and I was like, 'maybe they wouldn't be single mothers if the men in their lives had stuck around.' so... yeah. that kind of shut him up. (Granted, maybe some of those women left their husbands/bfs, but my point was, a woman doesn't become a single mother without a man having been part of the picture at some point, typically.)

I can see both sides. I think single mothers who want to find a partner should date; but otherwise the kids should come first and if they can afford a good sitter or have family to help they should have a social life including whatever- casual dating, seeing friends, etc - but if it's just one parent then the kids have to be even more of a priority in general. In my two-parent family my social life as far as going out where it would mean my husband would have to be home(rather than getting his work done) is low on the priority list.

One of my friends is a single mom mostly because she cheated on her husband who she'd been married to a short time, and has 3 young children where 2 are from an ex boyfriend (drug addict/in and out of jail) and only one is with her ex and she has no real job. As she says -she makes bad choices in relationships. Not to be judgy but in what you raised I wouldn't put it all on the men for leaving. She is a really good mom but overwhelmed and soon will have no stable place to live. Very scary.

• 1 month later...

I had my last chemo session today

My doctor said he's very pleased and told me what's next. I'm going to have 3 radiotherapy treatment sessions (starting January 23), full blood tests at the end of January and I'll see him again in about 40 days to tell me when my MRI will be.

I'm going back to work in February and I'm very excited about it...I've missed school more than I thought I would

I had my last chemo session today

My doctor said he's very pleased and told me what's next. I'm going to have 3 radiotherapy treatment sessions (starting January 23), full blood tests at the end of January and I'll see him again in about 40 days to tell me when my MRI will be.

I'm going back to work in February and I'm very excited about it...I've missed school more than I thought I would

Congrats!!! I'm glad to hear you are getting better.

Archived