Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a guy who has dealt with a mother who has had cancer for the past twelve years, I really feel for you. I had to watch her become bald several times from chemo over the years. But it grows back, and she's still here, for better or worse. I know you will get through this.

Hang in there MM. My heart goes out to you.

It's been over a week since the first chemo session and apart from some minor pain I've been better than I expected...considering I'm still recovering from surgery, too. I've gained some pounds (not good..lol) as I constantly feel like eating sugar..I don't know if it's a side effect from the chemo. At least I've eliminated salt almost completely (I was never a fan though). Still no effect on my hair but I imagine next week there'll be some loss (I was told the main loss is during the first and second session).

Re. George, we've kept in touch with a message here and there.

I had the second chemo session today and it was much better than the first one, it only lasted for 2.5 hours and I feel fine.

Re. George, we haven't met again but we message each other daily..which is fine for me at this point. My hair has been falling like crazy and I'll start wearing my wig (it looks better than my own hair ever did..lol).

• 2 weeks later...

After 2-3 weeks of back and forth messages with George, I got bored and stopped texting him...not in the middle of a convo, I just didn't initiate any more. He didn't text me, either, for about a week and today he sent an SMS asking how I'm doing. I didn't reply at all...no reason to.

In other news, I 'managed' to get a cold. It lasted for about 5 days with fever, runny nose and everything...not the best thing to happen at this point. I took some antibiotics that turned out to be very strong and gave me a belly ache (still recovering from that) but, at least, the fever dropped and I won't miss the next chemo session (it's next week) which was my biggest fear.

Stay strong, MM!

Too bad about George, but you don't have energy to spare nurturing a friendship/relationship right now.

I do say I am impressed that he didn't run off once you were diagnosed. That says a lot about his character. Poor guy is going to wonder if you are still alive...

I had the 3rd chemo session this week...3 more to go. It went very well and for the next blood tests my doctor didn't ask for any cancer markers. Thank God, it all seems to be going fine.

Re. online dating, I've talked to a couple of guys and wasn't impressed. The last one who seemed promising when I told him that my favourite season is winter he said 'I hope that doesn't mean you're cold in bed'

Archived