Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morgan (the 54yo I had talked with yesterday) messaged me on the site and we talked for a while but this time he seemed boring and the conversation felt awkward. I had thought of giving him my number but I changed my mind. I will if he asks for it but not before.

One more chat with Morgan and this time he did mention the phone...in a roundabout way. He said something like 'I'd like to chat with you again...I'm leaving the phone thing up to you if you want to...I don't want to come across as...you know'..lol. I just gave him my number and got his, too. He said he'll call tomorrow afternoon.

John texted and said we can meet tonight, so, we made a date for 7.30pm...we texted a bit back and forth and he really made me laugh with a comment. I had asked what his moon sign is (star sign is Libra - very compatible to mine) and today he must have asked his mum what time he was born because he said Scorpio...I said oh, no, that's my ex husband's sign and he said 'ah, ok, if I have enough time, I'll change it before tonight...if not, I'll do it tomorrow'...LOL

I'm excited about this date...fingers crossed.

Are Scorpios supposed to be crazy or something? My first love was a Scorpio and he had full-on horrible mental illness and tendency to manipulate (although I saw through that).

Most of my last partners were Taurus. Yes, I had to drag them into things but they usually had fun. I am a Libra. Last partner was a Libra too.

I don't put any stock in astrology, but for what it's worth, I'm an Aries. Very lively, very social (I like just about everyone), and fiery. I do have a temper, but it doesn't last long. I don't get that from my sun sign, I get that from my father. He was very much like me. He was a Virgo. Go figure. Like I said, I don't put much stock in astrology.

The date with John was great..for a change!

He is short and a little fat but who cares? His face and his personality make up for it! He has lovely blue eyes, a very sweet smile, a sexy voice, he's a gentleman and, what's more, he was exactly what I was hoping for...the same as his online persona...again, for a change!

Our date lasted 2 hours and we talked non-stop. He asked as much as he answered..we talked about past relationships, holidays, jobs, families, we showed each other our cats' pics..we laughed a lot...a little of everything. I found out he's half Italian (from his late dad) and I think I could detect some Italian charm...but, overall, he was very 'real' for lack of a better word. We have many things in common except one...he loves skiing and I've never tried it..but I'd like to!

There was definite chemistry between us, too, which was a bonus as I usually get along easily with new people but I feel chemistry with very few guys (as you know if you've been reading this). With him I felt both at ease and attracted...so much so that I accepted his offer to drive me home...and we kissed each other on the cheek when he parked the car.

He asked if I'll talk to him again, if I enjoyed the date, he said he's usually much more guarded with people and that he felt very comfortable with me...and that he'll call me tomorrow (it's my birthday tomorrow).

And half an hour after he brought me home, he texted me 'I had a lovely time..thank you'.

I don't know if anything will come out of this (God knows I've had some good first dates that went nowhere) but I really enjoyed this evening

I forgot to mention what happened with Morgan. He was supposed to call me today, right?

Well, at about 3pm, he messages me online 'are you at home?' I replied yes and asked if he was still at work, he said yes. I said, so, are you going to call me later? He had said he would call when he was home. An hour later no reply..I wasn't surprised as I knew he was at work but, anyway, I went offline and to bed but left the phone on. I got up at 5, went online again and he had left a message 'are you there?'...I replied 'I'm here now'. I heard nothing until, well, after my date with John when I found one more message 'but you're not here now...haha'...and no mention of why he hadn't called.

As for Morgan, maybe he's too cautious and timid?? for his own good

I don't know what he had to be cautious about. We had said he'd call after work, he had even asked if he won't disturb etc and I had said no, I'll wait for your call.

If he doesn't mention this missed call in his next message, he'll join the club of the deleted ones.

Archived