Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never cheated, but I would imagine some jump the gun to that discussion as a purge of past sins. Clearly was a topic that should not have been discussed at that time, but really he did the right thing. Imagine had he not mentioned it and MM started falling for him. Then he would have been a creep for never mentioning it "before now". It's a hard win for him to have the right time to mention it.

I've never cheated, but I would imagine some jump the gun to that discussion as a purge of past sins. Clearly was a topic that should not have been discussed at that time, but really he did the right thing. Imagine had he not mentioned it and MM started falling for him. Then he would have been a creep for never mentioning it "before now". It's a hard win for him to have the right time to mention it.

Hot button topics are really hard to introduce. I had a ex that didn't tell me he had been previously married and had a kid with her until we had dated for a month. (There's a reason why he's my ex!) I asked him why he hadn't told me sooner; it's not that he had been married and had a child, but that he just didn't even tell me. He told me that most women don't want to deal with a prior wife and child; and I guess that's understandable, but you can't just lump all women together into the "won't want to deal with this" category.

For similar reasons, I never know when to say that I have depression and anxiety and take medication for it. I feel like... 'most men' think that means I'm just this crazy woman that has to take pills. And that's not the truth.

I just talked to a new guy online.

Steve, 44, divorced with 2 boys (11 and 8 ), works at a company and lives about 15 mins away at a neighbourhood I know very well as a close friend lives over there. He's very good looking (at least in his pics), writes very well and I enjoyed our chat. The problem (of course there would be one!) is that he works long hours (9 to 9) and he's only free either after 9pm or weekends.

Anyway, we didn't exchange phone numbers or anything, we just both said we'd like to talk again..so, we'll see if it leads to a date or not.

^^ I second that.

It's often impossible to discern someone's meaning in written form without hearing the inflection in their voice and tone.

Why assume it's bad when you could have equally assumed it was playful?

You had nothing to lose by finding out exactly what he meant by it. Just sayin'

You are one tough customer, MM

I think after working a 12 hour shift I would prefer to drink something stiff I can't drink anything with any caffeine (even green tea or decaf coffee) after about 3pm or I'm up until 5 am. However, a drink or two...will perk me up for an hour or two, and then I'll be able to sleep wonderfully.

It just all seemed too vague for my taste. It was online, he hadn't asked for my phone number, it wasn't even an actual invite on a date (if it was - 'how about having a drink on Friday', for example - I would have asked him if he was joking) and the 'when the weather gets better' was just stupid...it's winter...it will be cold until...ummmm...spring? It wasn't raining/snowing or anything of the sort. Plus, I'm experienced in chat. We had chatted for 2 hrs all in all and he hadn't made a single joke, so, why would I think he was joking about that?

Meh, it would be a waste of time to continue talking to him.

2 new guys.

a/ Colin, 49, a football coach, 5'9, dark hair/green eyes, good-looking, divorced for 7 yrs with a 14yo son, lives half an hour away. We talked both online and on the phone - he called me. Everything seems to be ok about him, he loves animals, he sounds very nice, etc, etc, but, the problem is he works from 2 to 9pm and he gets his son in the weekends. We did say we 'must meet over coffee' but I've no idea how or when that can happen!

b/ Gabe, 50, a cruise organizer, 6'2, light hair/brown eyes, good-looking, too, divorced for 14 yrs with a 18yo daughter, lives 10 mins away. We've only talked online so far (once) but he seems to be normal enough, a bit more serious than Colin (who has a good sense of humour) but interesting to talk to. We said we'll talk again.

One more guy (it's the weekend...lol).

Morgan, 54, divorced with 2 grown up sons (30 and 19), lives relatively close to me, works at a company, 6'2, shaved head/dark eyes, attractive and very good in communication, at least in writing. We talked for a long time, our style is very similar, he told me he likes me (which, I guess, is a given when someone messages you but, still, not many guys actually say it) and he seems to be one of the more normal ones. No mention of phone but he asked me when I'll be online tomorrow. If we do talk tomorrow again, I'll give him my phone number.

One more new guy.

Tyler is 51, 6'3, brown hair/eyes, good-looking (apart from a big nose..lol), a cafe owner, divorced with a 7yo son and lives half an hour away. We talked briefly online last night and he asked for my phone number and called me just now.

His voice was very much to my liking and his style, too. We have some things in common, he's a smoker, he loves animals, he loves to talk and debate, he's also looking for a serious relationship and I liked his laughter very much.

We disagreed on a few things (like when I asked him his star sign..lol..he's a Leo, by the way) or when we talked about our online experiences (he believes that from the phone you can tell a lot about someone - I disagree), but, in general, I enjoyed our conversation.

The problem is that he gets his son 3 times a week and, sometimes, on the weekends, too (he has him this weekend)...but he said it won't be a problem to meet because 'when you want to find the time, you find it'. He said he'll call me this week to arrange a date because meeting in person is his ultimate goal.

We'll see how this goes.

And one more...lol.

John is 46, 5'8, shaved head/blue eyes, athletic, single, no kids, lives close to me, works at a company and our conversation online was, well, great. We have many things in common. He's also an only child, he has a cat (blind cat that he had found when she was a kitten and kept her - how sweet is that?), he's a smoker, we like the same things, we laughed a lot and I did something I've never done before...I suggested we meet for coffee tomorrow since we live so close. He said there's a chance he may have to stay later at work (he works 9 to 6) but he'll know in the morning and he asked for my phone number to text me as soon as he knows...and if we can't make it tomorrow, I'll suggest Thursday (Tue-Wed I got the gym).

Archived