Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

I've heard nothing from Jacob since the last phone call. However, I just talked to a new guy.

Bill, 43, 6'1, brown hair/eyes, good-looking, a computer programmer and single, no kids. We talked online for a few minutes (I had to go to bed) and we didn't really say much but he can spell, he's a Gemini (love those Gemini men..lol), he's a smoker like me, he lives close to me and he asked me to meet over a cup of coffee. I told him I'd like to talk on the phone first and gave him my phone number. He said he'll call me tomorrow and gave me his number, too.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And another new guy (I'm on a roll

James is 45, lives 10 mins away, he's a teacher, too, 6'2, brown hair/eyes, seems attractive and has been divorced for many years. We barely had time to talk online (I had to leave for the gym) but he asked for my phone number and we're going to talk more tomorrow. Imagine I didn't even have time to ask what his star sign is..lol

And another new guy (I'm on a roll

James is 45, lives 10 mins away, he's a teacher, too, 6'2, brown hair/eyes, seems attractive and has been divorced for many years. We barely had time to talk online (I had to leave for the gym) but he asked for my phone number and we're going to talk more tomorrow. Imagine I didn't even have time to ask what his star sign is..lol

Hopefully he won't write

"its genimi" or "my sine is carpicorn"

So, Bill just called me...and, after having talked for about half an hour and he sounded nice, etc, etc, he says 'you know, I have some strange tastes'...I say 'like what?'...and he says he likes the woman to use her finger on him...you know where!

I was shocked because there had been nothing sexual about our conversation and by 'strange tastes' I had thought he meant music or films or something..lol!!! So, I said nothing and he goes 'so, when are we meeting for coffee?'...I just said sorry, I have to go, good night.

So much for geminis and good spelling

New guy.

John, 54, another teacher, 5'9, dark hair/blue eyes, good-looking, divorced with 2 kids (19-22), lives close to me and we just talked on the phone. He sounded normal enough, on the quiet side, and he wanted to meet asap...which turned out to be difficult to plan as he works in the evenings (private school) and I work in the mornings. He suggested tonight but I've already made plans. I suggested tomorrow but he has to be somewhere with his son. Finally, we settled on Wednesday afternoon for lunch. He said he'll call me Tuesday to confirm.

I have a date with a new guy tomorrow.

Robert is 54, 5'8, grey hair/brown eyes, a retired computer technician, divorced for 15 years with 2 kids (20/17). He had messaged me yesterday and called me today. He sounded very lively on the phone, he said he's enjoying retirement, takes many trips, loves music (used to play classic guitar) and swimming and he's never smoked but he's ok with me smoking because most of his relationships have been with smokers. He wanted to meet tonight, I said I can't and suggested tomorrow afternoon. He has lots of free time, so, he has no problem driving over here...he lives about 30 mins away.

So, Bill just called me...and, after having talked for about half an hour and he sounded nice, etc, etc, he says 'you know, I have some strange tastes'...I say 'like what?'...and he says he likes the woman to use her finger on him...you know where!

I was shocked because there had been nothing sexual about our conversation and by 'strange tastes' I had thought he meant music or films or something..lol!!! So, I said nothing and he goes 'so, when are we meeting for coffee?'...I just said sorry, I have to go, good night.

So much for geminis and good spelling

I suppose you can thank him for showing you that one straight up front. . .sheeez

The date with Robert was rather awful. He looked much worse than his pics. He has a double (or triple, not sure) chin which wasn't visible in the pictures, a big, round belly and was about my height...a little shorter than me, actually. All he talked about was how much money he has, how much he likes to 'take care of' the women he dates, he insisted on buying me dinner, I insisted coffee was fine, he paid me a lot of compliments some of which I didn't appreciate much (like 'you look way better than your pics'...that made me feel like he meant I looked horrible in my pics..lol) and, in general, I was bored to death and couldn't wait to get out of there. He tried to hold my hand, I said no. He asked if I think 'we're compatible' I avoided the question. An hour later I got up to leave and he stayed behind to have dinner (as if his belly isn't already big enough).

Anyway, one of my worst dates.

Archived