Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'd do just what you're doing if I was attracted to him and the conversation was good overall. I'd see him again but not at his home. I'm sure you'll be on high alert for any more narrow-minded generalizations going forward, but maybe he just didn't describe his opinion of dog owners well.

Sounds like you have a good chance of having a good date this week.

Yesterday, when I talked with my friend about him, she said she was surprised I wasn't more 'excited' and I told her that's not because I don't like him but because I've had so many first and second dates with guys suddenly disappearing or doing something stupid that I just can't feel excited before I've been on, at least, 5-6 dates with someone. She asked 'so, if he never calls you again, won't you be upset?'..I said no, I don't really care if he calls again at this point. She was shocked...it's because she's never used an online dating site..lol

Yesterday, when I talked with my friend about him, she said she was surprised I wasn't more 'excited' and I told her that's not because I don't like him but because I've had so many first and second dates with guys suddenly disappearing or doing something stupid that I just can't feel excited before I've been on, at least, 5-6 dates with someone. She asked 'so, if he never calls you again, won't you be upset?'..I said no, I don't really care if he calls again at this point. She was shocked...it's because she's never used an online dating site..lol

Oh I don't think it has to do with using a dating site - if I met someone once I managed my expectations, no matter how we met.

Oh I don't think it has to do with using a dating site - if I met someone once I managed my expectations, no matter how we met.

Yeah, well, the thing is I've dated hundreds of men in my life (literally) and the only ones who disappeared after 2 or 3 dates (when everything seemed to be going well, that is) were men I had met online.

Yeah, well, the thing is I've dated hundreds of men in my life (literally) and the only ones who disappeared after 2 or 3 dates (when everything seemed to be going well, that is) were men I had met online.

Ahh -different here and I didn't see a huge difference just because we met through an online site rather than let's say a single's event/

A friend of mine who I talked to today thinks the net isn't the way to go..that I'm looking in the wrong place..but I have no idea where else to 'look'. I go out often, I have friends, I often meet new people (none that I like)...and most people I know (friends' friends etc) are married.

I'll be joining a gym with a friend next month..who knows? Maybe I'm luckier there.

A friend of mine who I talked to today thinks the net isn't the way to go..that I'm looking in the wrong place..but I have no idea where else to 'look'. I go out often, I have friends, I often meet new people (none that I like)...and most people I know (friends' friends etc) are married.

I'll be joining a gym with a friend next month..who knows? Maybe I'm luckier there.

I agree. I live in a big city, have lots of channels into different networks. What I hear from my friends about their single friends who are meeting men through friends is the same noise I hear about here re OLD. Men who have top notch educations, good looks, and fat wallets [however these traits are defined by the audience] are just as likely to be out for easy sex as boys on a college campus. College boys and mid-life men have much in common: no need to "settle down", freed from the confines of a family household, and work/money/future in a manageable place.

The men I have met who want a future home life are clear that they want it eventually. Just not right now, exactly. This is just like it was in college. What is happening in my life is I am developing a network of single people who are either alone and/or sleeping around, but not so much in a relationship per se. I figure at some age, this behavior will turn into relationship-seeking behavior, like it does when 20 year olds hit 25. I don't know. I find it annoying except for the deeper benefit of forcing me to make myself happy with or without.

I think it's good to keep all of your options open. The plus side about the internet is that the men on there are allegedly, single and looking. Compared to the gym, where there are a lot of men, but many might be in relationships, others gay, etc... But you know, it just takes one!! Keep searching.

Thad called, after all. He said he has had an awful headache for the last couple of days but feels better tonight. We talked a bit about the Indian restaurant we had gone to, a bit about TV, how our day went and all that. He said we should meet tomorrow but he'll call me between 2 to 3pm to confirm because there's a chance he may have to meet a customer (or is it client? haha) in the evening.

I think this was the first time that someone who didn't call when they said they would, didn't disappear, after all. Feels strange..lol

I got a message by a new guy on the site but I'm very sceptical about it because of his age. He's 59. He looks good and he's athletic and stuff but I don't know. Everything else about him sounds ok. He's been divorced for over 10 years, his kids are grown up (32 and 24), he's educated, writes very well, is an economist, we seem to like the same things. He's also sent me his phone numbers (both home and cell phone) and said I can call tomorrow.

I wonder if it's worth calling...I've been going back and forth about it since I read his message. I also wonder if he's really 59 or I'll go to the date and see someone in his '60s (it has happened before).

What to do?

Thad confirmed our date for tonight. We're meeting at 7pm.

I decided not to call the older guy. It wouldn't be fair on him when I have such a big problem with his age.

I thought you only have a problem if he is in his 60s or look like he is? Did I read that wrong? Lol

Archived