Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

You wouldn't like it if you did your hair and went to meet someone who would never date a smoker but figured that since he had nothing to do anyway and you had a sexy voice why not.

Except this isn't my case. It's not like I would never date someone who has kids. Besides, if I really like him (and he likes me), I'm sure we could work something out.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Except this isn't my case. It's not like I would never date someone who has kids. Besides, if I really like him (and he likes me), I'm sure we could work something out.

I know that - but what you wrote about him in particular the last half hour was

"If that's a permanent situation I don't see how we could ever date."

If that is still true a half hour later then tell him that in a direct but polite way (that will take about 60 seconds to say) and tell him you are telling him that so that he doesn't waste his sparse free time meeting you in person.

Same thing with smoking "If your smoking is a permanent situation I don't see how we could ever date"

Wouldn't you prefer that the other person ask you that in a polite way rather than have you do your hair and meet you and waste an hour of your time or more? You are so focused on respect and consideration -which is great! - so consider that in this situation where the guy has to jump through scheduling hoops just to meet you - give him a break by being honest with him about your take on his situation -or at least find out more.

He doesn't have to jump through anything to meet me. He's retired and all he does in the mornings is stay at home according to him. He'll drive 15 mins to get to me and 15 mins back.

You're talking as if I have to promise to marry him just because we agreed to meet over a cup of coffee.

Well, life got in the way, anyway. As it turned out, I have to work tomorrow morning (a colleague's husband was taken to the hospital), so, I can't meet Jim. I texted him explaining and asking if we could meet in the afternoon, tomorrow or whenever he can and no reply. I also emailed him just in case his cell is off...and there's nothing else I can do.

To my very polite email, Jim replied with 'ok'

We can agree to disagree on whether you are being considerate of his time in this case and how you would feel if someone treated your time in this manner.

I see that you canceled the date and he did not try to reschedule so it's probably a moot point.

First of all, Jim emailed me again and texted me, too with 'ok, we'll talk'. Not sure what to make of that..lol

Then, Steven got in touch, too. He texted me asking how I am and saying he feels lousy for not being able to meet me yesterday. I said it's fine since he was sick and he said he will make it up to me 'soon' and that he hopes something will come out of this. I said ok, you know my number and then we said good night.

Finally, the date with Chris was what I expected. He IS too rock for me. 2 earrings, long hair, etc. Nevertheless, he was pleasant and lively. No chemistry between us but I did like talking to him. I don't think he'll contact me again, though..it was a bit too obvious that we come from different worlds.

Steven messaged me on the site asking how I am, etc. I talked to him for about 10 mins and then stopped replying. The only thing I want to hear from him is 'we're meeting at that place at that time'. I'm not interested in chatting with him at all.

I'm in shock. An old bf, from 25 years ago, found me on f/b. He had been the worst relationship of my life. Now he lives abroad and he's married, however he asked for my phone number. Of course, I didn't give it to him, so, he gave me his. In a way, it was nice to hear from someone who knew me so long ago and I was glad when he said I look exactly the same..even though I know that's a lie..lol

He looks like he did back then, just a bit older (he's 1 year older than me). I didn't ask about his marriage, just if he has kids...he doesn't. But even if he was single, I would never go back to him..I'm not one for drama and that relationship had been full of it.

Chris messaged me on the site and we talked for a few minutes before he had to leave for work. Pleasant as in person but no mention of a second date..which didn't surprise me (or annoy me) at all. He's still a cool guy to talk to.

New guy.

Paul is 46, divorced for 4 years with 2 young kids (8 and 7) who live with their mum, he works for a company, lives close to me (15 mins away) and he's a bit shorter than I usually go for..5'7, like myself, but I really like his pics. He has brown hair, blue eyes, sweet face and a huge smile. We exchanged a few emails but he didn't ask for my phone number and I didn't either..it seems like lately I'm always the one initiating phone calls and I'm sick of it. So, I said nice to talk to you and good night.

Paul emailed me asking how I'm doing. I replied that I just came back home, that I had a tiring morning at school and then went to a friend's house for lunch and asked about him. His reply 'all is well, I'm lying on my bed, reading the news'

On other news, the ex bf shared an album on my f/b with pics of the country he now lives in and asking my opinion. I said it looks like a nice place.

Anhel just called. He said he's back from his trip and asked if I'm free on Saturday...I said I am and we agreed to meet in the afternoon for coffee and then either for drinks or dinner, whatever we feel like. I'm very glad he got in touch

Meanwhile, Paul emailed again, asking how I am again, etc, etc. I don't know what his deal is but if he doesn't ask for my number soon, I'll stop replying to him.

I talked to a new guy earlier.

Bill is 46, 6'1, brown hair/eyes, single, no kids and has an advertising company. After a couple of emails he asked for my number and called me. We could only talk for a few minutes as I was about to leave but he said we'll talk again. He lives relatively close, sounds normal enough and he told me a bit about his last relationship that ended 6 months ago and had lasted for 4 years. He said he wanted to get married and she didn't and, eventually, he decided to move on. He said he wants a serious relationship and he did sound serious. But apart from that I couldn't tell much about him.

Bill messaged me on the site and we talked for a while. It was an interesting chat, I got to know him a bit better and I found out he has a sense of humour..not exactly like mine but he did make me laugh a couple of times. Then he asked if I'm free on Saturday...I told him I'm busy all weekend, he said I must be very popular and asked about tonight..well, as it turned out, I had to tell him I'm busy all 3 days..lol (tonight I'm meeting a friend for coffee...tomorrow Anhel and on Sunday I'm invited at a friend's house for dinner)..but I said next week I'm free.

He asked if we can talk on the phone during the weekend and I said I'll call him Sunday morning. He also paid me some compliments about my pics..he asked if they're recent (they are) and he said I'm very sweet, etc...and he also asked what time I go to bed at night. I hope he doesn't call at midnight

Why couldn't you do something with Bill? Im confused. Sunday is dinner...why wouldn't you meet him for a morning coffee? Or meet him on Saturday when you're not busy with Annhel? I don't get it.

He sounds good though...hope you can set up a time to meet.

Why couldn't you do something with Bill? Im confused. Sunday is dinner...why wouldn't you meet him for a morning coffee? Or meet him on Saturday when you're not busy with Annhel? I don't get it.

He sounds good though...hope you can set up a time to meet.

Sunday mornings I spend at home with mum...I don't want to go into details but she has some health issues. Saturday mornings I'm usually free but considering it's the only free morning I have, I'm going to do housework, grade papers, etc.

So, what I would do if you have a chance to meet someone really cool is just for that week do a little extra work each day to make up for the 1 hour on a Saturday -as you wrote above about meeting the guy with kids -it's only an hour or so of time, right?

So, what I would do if you have a chance to meet someone really cool is just for that week do a little extra work each day to make up for the 1 hour on a Saturday -as you wrote above about meeting the guy with kids -it's only an hour or so of time, right?

This is how my life works. But then, I also usually have 4-7 things planned for each day on a date weekend- so I think, "wow! Just one? That's easy!"

I guess everyone needs different downtime though.

This is how my life works. But then, I also usually have 4-7 things planned for each day on a date weekend- so I think, "wow! Just one? That's easy!"

I guess everyone needs different downtime though.

Oh yes! I cherish my downtime and experience getting out of my comfort zone -which I did 6 days ago and it threw me off to be behind on my housecleaning and extra tired, etc but it was worth the opportunity to kick my heels up a bit for one night.

Archived