Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met a new guy...well...'met' online, that is.

Anhel (don't ask how I came up with that name..lol) is 55, a business consultant, 55, divorced with 2 kids who live and study abroad. He is 5'9, with brown hair and eyes and looks attractive in his (many) pics - he has a ton of pics from his trips..he travels a lot!

He emailed me last night, a very nice and long-ish email..he told me about himself (job and family and trips) and asked how I came up with my nickname which I appreciated as very few men think of asking something like that. He also sent me his phone number and said I can call him. I emailed him back this morning, an equally long-ish email and made sure to tell him I'm a smoker and ask if he's ok with it and, also, that I have a cat...in his profile he says he has cats and he smokes 'occasionally', so, hopefully there won't be a problem. I said I'll definitely call him this weekend as long as he tells me when it's a convenient time for him to talk.

Anhel emailed back, a long email again, said he liked my email and the way I use the language, that he's also a smoker but even if he wasn't, it wouldn't get in the way of 'getting to know an interesting person', that his cat died a couple of months ago and he loves cats and that I can call him any time after 2pm since he'll be at the gym until then...so, he exercises, too. I told him I'll call him in the afternoon as I'll be going out for lunch with a friend and I gave him my phone number, too. Oh, I forgot..he also sent me one more pic from his most recent trip...to China!

Seems too good to be true.

So, I called Anhel...after a few minutes he suggested he should call me himself since it was free (company's phone)..which I found very thoughtful.

He sounds really, really nice. Very open, he answered all my questions, very intellectual which I always appreciate in men, good sense of humour, he's lived abroad for long periods of time, a big lover of animals and sounds sensitive, too....and a little bit like Mike (yeah, I know)...and he's also a Pisces..lol

After we'd talked for about half an hour I told him that it'd be better to continue in person and he immediately said he can meet me any time and any where I want..so, I suggested Monday and we made a date for 6pm.

It remains to be seen if we'll get along in person.

I predict Fifty Shades of Marple.

Hell, I'll take him if you don't.

HAHAHA, that fifty shades thing cracked me up.

Anhel emailed me a pic of his late cat (he had said he would) and added a little story about her name (it's a historical name). The cat was beautiful

The date with Anhel was promising. First of all, he looked better than his pics...and a bit younger, too. Then, he brought me a gift..an awesome cat statuette he'd gotten at a trip in Egypt and a card with its story, too. Very thoughtful..and pretty! He was very nervous at first but, slowly, he relaxed and we had a very interesting conversation. He told me a lot about his trips and he asked a lot, too. Nothing too personal, though..he's a gentleman. Very polite and a bit conservative..he said women should never pay when out with a gentleman..and he also lit all my cigarettes. I'm not too traditional myself but I enjoyed his good manners. After a couple of hrs I had to go and he said he'd like to see me again and we agreed he'd call me on Thursday to meet either that day (he may have an obligation) or on Sunday. He asked about Friday/Saturday, too, but I'm busy both days.

Fingers crossed that this time I've met someone who won't turn out to be a frog!

Unfortunately, it turned out that we can't meet Thurday or Sunday/Monday...something came up for me on Thursday and for him on the other 2 days. After a few phonecalls, we agreed on next Tuesday

I would see him ASAP - if it has to be Tuesday, fine, but make it a priority short of a true emergency. Are you sure you can't reschedule the Thursday situation?

I would see him ASAP - if it has to be Tuesday, fine, but make it a priority short of a true emergency. Are you sure you can't reschedule the Thursday situation?

Why the urgency? I don't think Tuesday is that bad?

Why the urgency? I don't think Tuesday is that bad?

Because he sounds like a catch and like someone who enjoys the whole courting process. This early on he could easily meet someone else this weekend who he sparks even more with so MM needs to keep her hat in the ring and keep things active, in person. Sure, if the Thursday situation was a must for some reason, fine, but I wouldn't delay too long especially since she won't see him this weekend which is prime dating time.

I can't reschedule Thursday..it's Eurovision night and that's a big thing over here

He actually suggested we could watch it together at his house but I declined.

I can't reschedule Thursday..it's Eurovision night and that's a big thing over here

He actually suggested we could watch it together at his house but I declined.

Good move not going to his house. Did you plan it, then realize, and then reschedule - if he understands the priority of Eurovision then it all works out. I saw a number of examples of people not striking when the iron was hot and then because it's so early on one of the people meet someone else. Of course that could be chalked up to not being that into the first person but I do think it's important in the early stages to keep the momentum going because all you both have is first impressions.

Archived