Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Online Dating - A Woman's Journal

missmarple

Just talked on the phone with another new guy. Ben is 57, a travel agent/translator/photographer, single, no kids, 5'7, brown hair, brown eyes, not bad-looking and very sociable... probably because of his job. We talked for about 15 minutes, he said we should arrange to meet and I said sure, some time...I'm not sure we have enough things in common..need to talk to him again.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ben messaged me on the site and we talked for a few. He said he has to be away next week, so, if we are to meet, we should do it this week and I thought what do I have to lose and I said ok and suggested tomorrow. He said he's afraid it's going to rain tomorrow (this reminded me of someone else from a while ago!), I said nothing because I didn't trust myself not to say something sarcastic like 'are you afraid you're going to melt'..lol..and he said he'll 'check the weather in the morning' and call me.

Well, with this guy, it's either tomorrow or never as I am lukewarm about him to begin with. So, it's up to him

^for once a Guy taking rejection as a gentleman.

You were Nice being honest to him as well. Most women vanish without explanations.

I always interpreted silence as an honest lack of interest. I preferred that to the dishonest "you are so amazing but I don't think we should go on another date".

Having said that of course what MM chose to do is perfectly fine as was his response.

I prefer what MM did. I would not be a no show on a date without letting the person know - although many do according to the men I have dated. Just a quick text or email easily prevents someone getting ready for a no show date.

I prefer what MM did. I would not be a no show on a date without letting the person know - although many do according to the men I have dated. Just a quick text or email easily prevents someone getting ready for a no show date.

Neither would I -ever. I didn't think they had plans to meet which is why I wrote what I did.

Mike called after I don't know how long. I missed the call as I was in class (which he should have known) and he didn't leave a message. I'm not going to call back.

I was wondering what happened to Mike. Wow its been awhile for sure.

Mike called after I don't know how long. I missed the call as I was in class (which he should have known) and he didn't leave a message. I'm not going to call back.

I agree it's been a long time but do you really think he'd remember your work schedule after all this time? Do you remember his? Obviously I see your point in not returning the call for other reasons but I wouldn't assume he tried to call you at a time when it would go to VM.

I agree it's been a long time but do you really think he'd remember your work schedule after all this time? Do you remember his? Obviously I see your point in not returning the call for other reasons but I wouldn't assume he tried to call you at a time when it would go to VM.

Well, he knows I'm a teacher and I work at a public school and he has kids himself. He knows very well that at 1pm, a teacher's cellphone wouldn't, logically, be on...he could have called in the afternoon if he really wanted to talk to me...or leave a text message.

He probably didn't leave a message because he doesn't understand what happened and is frustrated because you didn't communicate your feelings at all.

HE doesn't understand what happened?

Last time we talked, we had a date that HE cancelled and he never rescheduled and that was weeks ago. So, I have no idea what you are talking about

Just talked with a new guy on the site.

Trey is 45, 6'1, dark hair/eyes, goatee, attractive, divorced with an 11yo son and works at a company. He lives in a town about an hour away but works closer...about 40 mins away..and has lived in my town for 4 years in the past, so, he knows it very well.

His messages were well-written and very polite. He's the only non-smoker I've talked to who actually asked if I'm ok with the fact that he doesn't smoke..lol.

When I said I had to go he asked for my phone number and gave me his, too. We'll see what happens with him.

Mike texted me at 1pm (while I was in class again, of course)

How are you doing? It's been a while..call me if you feel like it

I didn't feel like it and I didn't call. Then, at 6pm he called but my cell was off. When I saw the missed call (at 7) I decided to call him but he didn't pick up.....and this concludes my passionate love life...lol

Did you leave a message?

Didn't mike have a sick family member? Maybe you didn't hear from him because something bad happened with regard to that...I would probably talk with him, just to see what's up and what he has to say, doesn't mean anything has to come of it though...but just out of curiosity, I would also have my BS meter on high alert.

Archived