What's wrong with me? I can't move on and he's already getting married!

I would recommend to quit focusing on anyone else but yourself. You can not explain someone else's feeling or actions. You can only explain yours. You can choose to live the life you want. You can either obsess over what you don't have, or focus on moving forward and getting what you want out of life.

Your place in life is not to give your parents grandchildren. So stop living with that guilt and shame. Your place in life is to be HAPPY. That could be with or without children!

What if you got married in your 20's and found out you or your partner couldn't have children. Would your parents be upset with you, or disappointed in you, for that twist of fate? If they love you, then the answer is no. All any parent (and I say this as a parent) who truly has their children's best interests at heart wants, is for their child to be happy.

I hear you....I agree with you and I think that is a very smart analogy. I have always wanted children and think I would be a great mom. I think they know that. There is a huge cultural component to this, but I think generally speaking, their intentions are 65-75% unselfish.

i understand the cultural component and how you really can't expect us to understand. Outside of culture, I think every individual has their own thing that makes being single tough for whatever reason. Regardless this is YOUR life. Keep being patient and focus on your healing. You know now that this guy is a huge dead end. If holding out any hope for him was preventing you from fully healing and moving on, now you can finally let this go. Nobody can tell you when to date, but when you are ready, be confident and open-minded. The right guy will have many things that you like, dislike and things you never even considered before. Either way, now you can close this chapter with this old guy and begin again. There's so many amazing things awaiting you, and living in the past is only preventing you from fully experiencing that.

You guys have all been such a great help!!! So many wise words of encouragement. I am going to try very hard to not look back and ask what if or why and to not look for pics or info about the ex. Things happen and life goes on, whether we believe in fate or not. Bottom line is that it has long since been over and I need to stop letting life pass me by.

Archived