Will she let this go

Btbradshaw

Told my wife of 12 years on Thursday, it was over. She cheated and other issues. I tried for 4 years to get thru to her. In the last 10 months I've given 3 chances to change, but it never did. She's making all these promises to change, get counselling. She's been to counselling before, we both went also, but nothing changed there either. I don't believe her anymore. I've tried for too long, I'm exhausted emotionally and can't do it anymore. Funny thing is we have been communicating better than ever, but going round in circles. "Give me one more chance, you'll see I can change" "you'll be able to get your love back for me"

I've shifted to the caravan in the shed, not ideal I know, but all I can do till I find a house. It's becoming like a broken record. I've made up my mind, but she's in denial. It's doing my head in.

Brenden

How come you get to move out when she's the one who did the cheating?

i...at one point was in your wife's position. its not like she cant change. she wants to but usually the pressures in the relationship stifle someone's growth as it becomea unhealthy. for you its good to get away and let her deal with herself for a while. you seem like you love her deeply..just choose if you still want to be with her..give her time to deal with herslf to be honest with herself. if you dont see a future....leave.

How come you get to move out when she's the one who did the cheating?

i...at one point was in your wife's position. its not like she cant change. she wants to but usually the pressures in the relationship stifle someone's growth as it becomea unhealthy. for you its good to get away and let her deal with herself for a while. you seem like you love her deeply..just choose if you still want to be with her..give her time to deal with herslf to be honest with herself. if you dont see a future....leave. you have a choice in this

Archived