Fell out of love with me but still wants time

Snow2tears

But I at least want to end it off with him. Because none of us has yet to pull the trigger. Yes he may have said he doesn't feel the same for me anymore. But when I asked him if he needed more space or time or anything he said I don't know. I don't want any confusion..... I can't help but talk myself out of this. I know I'm afraid of being alone. I'm never going to be able to hug him or kiss him again.

I know the answer seems so clear right now. But as being new to all these emotions and being young, I can't just be super women and permanently leave someone that made me the happiest girl. If you were miserable and saw the smallest piece of happiness, wouldn't you hold on to it with all you got? I've heard this quote where "she's the type of girl that holds on until there's nothing left". I know everyone sees clearly the healthiest thing to do. But basically it's easier said than done. Especially if I still care for him

It is clear to us who have been there, done that.

But you cannot hold on to sand....it slips through your fingers.

You don't want to be the girl who holds on until there in nothing left...but animosity.

You want to be the girl with dignity and grace --- who says "if you say you don't love me, then I am done."

Of course it is easier said than done. But if you do it --- in the long run, you will feel much better about you, about him and about what you once shared. Holding on until you both are angry and bitter is not the solution.

But I at least want to end it off with him. Because none of us has yet to pull the trigger. Yes he may have said he doesn't feel the same for me anymore. But when I asked him if he needed more space or time or anything he said I don't know. I don't want any confusion..... I can't help but talk myself out of this. I know I'm afraid of being alone. I'm never going to be able to hug him or kiss him again.

Pull the trigger.. You afraid of being alone, but you are probably about to be single whether you like it or not.. Better to end it now.. "I don't know" is I am not in love with you.. He has checked out of your relationship. No need for any confusion.. You asked him a yes/no question and the response you got is "I don't know".. The answer is clear. The only reason you will hang around at this point is to wait for him to dump you. Why do that? Nothing has changed on his side.. He is not in love..

I don't know if you guys really want a follow up. But I just want to say that we finally did it. It was mutual. We weren't in love with each other but we still loved each other. I guess this forum pushed me to finally have the courage to do so, and I'm at peace now. I feel happy. We both were happy after so long! We were laughing and joking around with the break up already. And we still want to be friends. So very much. I was crying tears of happiness after. I know we're both a little sad. But we want to look back and cherish the time we had and be grateful. So much is lifted off my shoulders. I know that I can't become best friends with him in a second but we have to start somewhere.

Archived