My Co Worker passed away....

shellyf62

My Co worker did my lawns a couple of weeks ago. Overtime has dried up at work, so he was looking for some extra cash. He did such an awesome job, that my Son suggested he do his Father's lawn as well.

He did it Saturday, and was complaining of feeling ill afterwards. My Ex Husband made him a tea & a sandwich, hoping it would make him feel better.

He drove home, and then didnt show up to work for 3 days. He didn't answer his mobile, and 2 guys from work went to his house. His car was in the driveway with half the cup of tea & half the sandwich still on the front seat, we all knew then that something was wrong.

The police eventually got the keys to his house after checking all the local hospitals, and found him dead in his bed.

It hurts me to know that he died alone, probably Saturday afternoon, and laid there til we raised the alarm yesterday.

I also feel guilt because my Co worker rang me telling me he felt ill, and asking what time my Ex would be back, as he wanted a tea to settle his stomach. (My Ex had paid him & left him to finish as he had shopping to do). If only I had gone over to the Exs house, I could have seen how sick he was, and taken him to the hospital.

That's so sad. You couldn't have known. (My husband arrived at work early on a Monday morning and found the cleaner lying dead on the floor next to the elevators - that was a few years ago and it still stays with him to this day. I wasn't there, but I still think about it often - so sad).

I'm sorry for happened and how you must be feeling right now.

I'm so sorry this happened. It's normal to look at a situation like this and regret not doing something about it, but I think you know in your mind that there is no possible way you could have logically concluded that this would happen. Even if you did drive over there immediately when he said he felt ill, you know you wouldn't have been able to tell he was about to die by his appearance. I'm guessing a heart attack? The guy himself didn't even know he was that sick when it happened.

I have been going to a funeral a year for as long as I can remember, and most of them are relatives --- or friends parents. However, my sister has you beat --- she is on 10 in 3 years. I try not to be around her (joking!!)

I have been going to a funeral a year for as long as I can remember, and most of them are relatives --- or friends parents. However, my sister has you beat --- she is on 10 in 3 years. I try not to be around her (joking!!)

You made me laugh, thank you, I needed that.

Again, thanks everyone for your kind words & support, I understand now why so many people use this site xxx

You made me laugh, thank you, I needed that.

Again, thanks everyone for your kind words & support, I understand now why so many people use this site xxx

Well, us Irish-Americans have big clans and there is always someone dying.

Luckily, we throw a good wake!!

Archived