Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Cold feet about moving across country

Flywest29

I am about to move in about a week from Ontario to Alberta a distance of a few thousand Kilometres. I am starting to have some serious second thoughts on this move. It is weird cause I don't have to move, just by moving I will be where my job is. I currently commute to work and do so a few times a month, but the stress of the commute has been wearing on me. It is a lot of time and money that I feel I am wasting. The city I am moving to is not entirely new to me, I have spent a significant amount of time there and actually have some good friends that live there, and will be staying with some for the first few months until I find my own place.

I have gone from excited to being frightened everyday it seems and keep second guessing myself all the time. My family is all in the part of the country and also have a group of friends here as well. I am single and have no children so it is easier that way to make the move, I am just feeling apprehensive about making this move, and I don't know why. My life is actually pretty dull where I am living and a change might be a good thing for me, but I am still feeling extremely nervous and i haven't slept well the last few nights, stressing out about it.

I have my dream job and I feel very fortunate about that I do, and am lucky that I am able to commute but the commute has become tiresome and there is no end in sight of it for at least the next few years and I don't know if I want that stress in my life.

Funny thing is that when I was younger in my early and mid 20s I moved around quite a bit, while it was hard it never effected me as much as it is now. Anyone else have similar experiences or ways you dealt with the nervousness, and anxiety of making such a big move?

Thanks

Archived