Dinner with EX tonight... HELP NEEDED

Zach42o1

Ao after playing it cool for about the past month. the ex girlfriend thought that it would be nice to go out to dinner tonight just to catch up. i could use a little advice on how to approach the awkwardness of not seeing her for a while and supressing the feelings that i still have. i know i need to play it cool and just follow her lead. any help on this one

I agree with the above poster. If she is the one who has suggested going out for dinner to catch up then she obviously still wants to be a part of your life, and to have you in hers , it just might not be in the way you want. I would steer clear of anything regarding your relationship even if she does bring it up. Act as if you are friends.

I agree with the above poster. If she is the one who has suggested going out for dinner to catch up then she obviously still wants to be a part of your life, and to have you in hers , it just might not be in the way you want. I would steer clear of anything regarding your relationship even if she does bring it up. Act as if you are friends.

yeah thats how im going to approach it. just take it for what it is right now

Me too! Although this is not our first meeting since break up. Just take it for what it is, enjoy her company and be as joyful as you can. She fell in love with you once - remember who you were then.

Good luck, hope you get whatever it is you want!

Good luck with it Zach. I am also having dinner with my ex tomorrow night. Although mine doesn't seem as keen on it as yours as he has a lot going on in his life right now so I am very stressed. Be happy and chatty through dinner. Maybe reminisce about a funny memory you two had together but it might be best to refrain from telling her how you feel so early on. Leave that discussion for a later "date". Hope all goes well!

Yeah everything was amazing. Had dinner with great conversation and just flirting. Then we went and saw a film. There was so affectionate touching going on but nothing to crazy. Dropped her off she gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek and to me that she had a lovely evening

dinner and a movie...you paid for it all I assume...and all you got was a hug and a friend-zone forever clinching cheek kiss? You played yourself on this one, brah.

nah man i would go as far as to say that. we have another date alreadly lined up. so will see how that goes brah

So happy to hear this worked out for you Zach! Wish you all the best for your next date. Keep playing it by ear

My dinner with the ex is tonight and I am just going to his house for a home cooked meal. His dad will be there though so I don't think there will be much affection going on but awesome to hear that yours went well!

Archived