What should I do with this?

MissMandaJo

I wrote this tonight. I am debating if I should give this to my ex or not... do you think I should?

I may have made a wrong choice, you said I messed up.

But I would rather have been wrong than to see you self-destruct.

You never told me I loved you too intensely.

The flow from my heart came instinctively.

I wanted to be the one you confided in at the end of the day.

But instead my generosity drove you away.

To get me out of your head, you banished me from your life.

But just a few weeks ago you called me your future wife.

I believed in me and you, I thought we were for sure.

Every word spoken to you was from my heart delivered by my vocal cords.

You said that you were bonded to me emotionally.

You told me that I was a sense of security.

I gave you love and I gave you hope

You told me yourself that I helped you to cope.

Eliminating that from your life makes no sense to me.

I feel like I'm swimming in a sea of absurdity.

At the end you treated me like a cavity

Doing everything in your power to get away from me

Suddenly I became the alien

Invading the world of solitude that you put yourself in

Blowing out the candle, killing the flame

Misunderstandings may have been to blame

Fighting against confusion and pain, I struggle to get loose

May the prosperity I once gave to you, join you in recluse.

I say don't give it to him.

I know you are hurt about this and you want him to know how you feel. I totally understand this, but I don't think a poem would make any difference in his decision. In fact it might drive him further away.

You say in there that he banished you from his life. Don't give it to him and make him think you are now groveling. The best thing is to be strong about this and keep the poem for yourself to remind you that he could let you go so quicky and without remorse. That might help you move on quicker. Hang in there

I hope you keep writing, it's a good outlet to your emotions.

I DEFINITELY would NOT give this your ex. Being a guy, the last thing I would want to hear is my ex complaining about what I have done wrong. I would get pissed and never talk to her again.

Actually, your poem would piss me off so bad, I would probably write you a joke in return... and I would guerentee you it would hurt.

ForAnother

Actually, your poem would piss me off so bad, I would probably write you a joke in return... and I would guerentee you it would hurt.

He isn't like that though. Im not telling him what he did wrong, Im just telling my point of view. Im not begging him to take me back and Im not telling him hes retarded and made a mistake. Im simply stating the facts. I think you were a little harsh in your statements, critizing the action I was debating to make and disreguarding the actual poem. But I appreciate your opinion anyways.

Aye, but do keep in mind that I am an outsider reading your poetry. I took it as your complaining of his issues. That is how I read it. Perhaps I read it like that because of the title of your post, and the fact that it is on this website that I took it so harsh.

I took it as a direct attack, which always ends in a bad way... unless your really good at arguing

Sorry if that post was harsh.

ForAnother

Haha no, it wasn't meant as an attack at all. I had a lot of people read it and I got many different responses from it. I don't know if thats good or bad. A couple people said what you said. But ironically, it's going to be published in the school newspaper. Writing that poem was honestly a closure to me, I just want to get it out.