Why do men feel ashamed/embarrassed to be dating a woman older than them?

Serenee

When I was a little kid I found women in their 20's to be the most beautiful. Now that I'm in my 20's I still find women in their 20's to be the most beautiful. When I'm 80 I'm sure I'll still have a thing for 20-something women. Youthfulness is a sign of fertility, and women in their early-to-mid 20's are at the peak of their fertility, vitality, and beauty. I laugh every time I hear a woman reaching 40 say she's in her sexual peak. Those eggs are gonna dry up, that face is gonna get wrinkled and sag more, and pretty soon she'll be undesirable.

The point is though, all these men were young so were the girls they were with. They all looked fairly good, but still these men were embarrassed of the woman's age. I would get it if the woman actually LOOKED older than them but that was not the case, understandably so as a year or two does not really affect how you look.

ARE these men the only men left on this planet? Seriously now. If my boyfriend was embrassed of me, regardless of the reason, I would kick him to the curb and meet other men.

When I was a little kid I found women in their 20's to be the most beautiful. Now that I'm in my 20's I still find women in their 20's to be the most beautiful. When I'm 80 I'm sure I'll still have a thing for 20-something women. Youthfulness is a sign of fertility, and women in their early-to-mid 20's are at the peak of their fertility, vitality, and beauty. I laugh every time I hear a woman reaching 40 say she's in her sexual peak. Those eggs are gonna dry up, that face is gonna get wrinkled and sag more, and pretty soon she'll be undesirable.

Hahaha I think someone got dumped by an older women.

Totally understand where you are coming from. I laugh really hard when men tell me they are at their sexual peak in their 40s. Wrinkled, impotent, can't get hard, low sperm count or they suffer from erectile dysfunction.

ARE these men the only men left on this planet? Seriously now. If my boyfriend was embrassed of me, regardless of the reason, I would kick him to the curb and meet other men.

Not the only ones but good ones are so incredibly rare that the majority of us are doomed to go for this type anyway.

I encourage you to continue to date women in their 20s even into your 80s. Of course, you'll have to forgo marriage and any relationship lasting longer than 10 years. I further encourage you to disclose your views on all your first dates. The women you would be interested in would love to hear it.

How about "now that I'm in my 20's I obviously haven't lived long enough to make declarative sexist statements like the above."

Hey Nherz, if you're lucky, someday you'll be - the horrors - 40! Oh but that's OK, cause you're male. Really, they should just line up women at 40 and eliminate them because they are just SOOOO unattractive. The world would be a lot better if there were no women over 40 on the earth, dontcha think? I wonder how Jennifer Aniston would feel...I think she's over 40. How AWFUL for her!

Let's not go down the road of fertility again. I don't care how "fertile" and older or younger man is, when he looks like a truck just ran over him (which is the case with a lot of older men), I don't want to have sex with him and pretend to scream from joy.

The point is though, all these men were young so were the girls they were with. They all looked fairly good, but still these men were embarrassed of the woman's age. I would get it if the woman actually LOOKED older than them but that was not the case, understandably so as a year or two does not really affect how you look.

You're taking a few discussions you had with a few men and are taking your interpretation of what they said, and turning it into a widespread problem. I'm telling you I've had experiences that directly conflict with yours. Doesn't that make it an anecdotal draw?

Men are not bad guys. And they aren't shallow and uncaring either. Some posture that way. But it's just an act. Try to take none of it personally.

I encourage you to continue to date women in their 20s even into your 80s. Of course, you'll have to forgo marriage and any relationship lasting longer than 10 years. I further encourage you to disclose your views on all your first dates. The women you would be interested in would love to hear it.

Good thing I never plan on getting married

well back on topic

I think it's i think it is partly just social conditioning, I myself have an aversion to dating younger guys, and also i know that my freinds and family would make a big deal about it, tease me, or assume it would be a fling. I am sure guys who date older get the same treatment from friends/family. Alos there are guys who want kids and It may be hard fro a 25 year old guy (who is just starting a career) and say, a 30-something girl (who's fertility is declining YoY) to start a family.

It depends on the people involved, you can't generalize this stuff. I have met guys dating older girls, and i have had younger men into me (my age was not issue for them). I have also dated a 35 year old who told me on my 30th b-day that "men are embarrassed to admit that their gf's are 30"

OP, i think it is easy when you are a girl and hit thirty and are still single, to start getting insecure about stuff like this. You see guys your own age and older going after the 25 year old girls, and you feel overlooked, especially at this crucial time when you likely are read to settle down. So it seems unfair. doesn't help that your pool of potential suitors dries up anyway because many men your age are already married/taken. I found that i was getting more attention from younger guys, because guys my own age just sorta dissapeared, or were looking for younger girls. But i was averse to dating younger guys simply because my experiences dating the 24-26 year olds was pretty negative when i was that age!

doesn't help when you see misogynist drivel about how undesirable woman are when they hit thrity and their eggs start "rotting" coming from mid-aged bitter men who likely not center-fold material either...

Archived