The Song That Gets Me All The Time (Makes Me Want To Cry For My Ex)

I have quite a few, all for different reasons lol

Just a dream- Nelly- Listened to this in the car as we were breaking up (the first time) and we both just pulled over and sobbed in each others arms. Can never hear this some with out crying and thinking of that moment.

Easy- Rascal Flatts and Natasha Beddingfield- We had been broken up for almost a year and he and I reconnected for a short time and were driving in his car...but things were not really going anywhere with us and I knew that- and this song came on the radio and I remember trying so hard not to cry.

Must be doing something right- Billy Currington- This was our song when we first started dating

Can't take my eyes off of you- Lady Antebellum- The first night we ever spent together we played this song and just kissed, held each other as tears fell down our cheeks and looked at each other all night and I remember thinking how that song just summed up everything I felt so perfectly. It was a moment I'll never forget.

All Too Well and Last Kiss by Taylor Swift. I actually played Last Kiss for him the last night we saw each other....

I love those two. I swear I could have written the lyrics to 'All too well' myself, it's like that song was in my head. And Last Kiss, man I remember putting that on repeat and just sobbing to it when I needed a good cry right after we broke up. It still cuts deep to hear it.

I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing - Aerosmith.

We went to a music festival where Aerosmith were headlining when we were around the 6/7 month mark. We both have a very similar taste in music and this was one song that we both like a lot, and going to this festival was our first "holiday" together. All this, and seeing Aerosmith perform the song live for some reason was a very emotional and bonding moment for us. Throughout the rest of the relationship, that song always took us back to that moment. We had always hoped to go see them live again but I guess that ain't gonna happen any more...

I don't usually "identify" with songs, but this one I could. Particularly lyrics like :

"I could lay awake just to hear you breathing

Watch you smile while you are sleeping

While you're far away dreaming"

I often have trouble sleeping, so I found myself actually doing that a lot.

I can't listen to that song any more.

Oh, also there are certain other bands we saw live together that I can't listen to depending on the mood I'm in, particularly Def Leppard (her favourite band and a lot of their songs were our make-out background music back in the early days) and AC/DC (which is a bit heartbreaking as they are one of my favourite bands!), just because they remind me of times we shared together, Def Leppard particularly being a recurring soundtrack to our life (us seeing them live twice and her almost always having them on in the background, particularly in the early stages).

But I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith is without a doubt the one that I absolutely CAN NOT listen to any more. It was "our" song.

My ex took my to see my favourite band Coldplay, and now I cant listen to any of their songs, ruined a band for me completely, my favourite aswell hope I can listen to them again one day.

Along with every other song we used to listen to together, pretty much my whole ipod!

How by Regina Spektor. Great song

It was so hard for me not to cry the first time I listened to this song. I was with a friend and we were just browsing through songs...I had no idea. I haven't been able to listen to it since. I try to avoid the things that make me too sad.

• 3 weeks later...

I've mostly gotten over this feeling but...

Dream Catch Me by Newton Faulkner, so much innocence in this song which I will never recapture.

"There's a place I go when I'm alone

Do anything I want, be anyone I wanna be

But it is us I see and I cannot believe I'm falling"

I've mostly gotten over this feeling but...

Dream Catch Me by Newton Faulkner, so much innocence in this song which I will never recapture.

"There's a place I go when I'm alone

Do anything I want, be anyone I wanna be

But it is us I see and I cannot believe I'm falling"

I know what you mean about the innocence thing. The song "Paradise By The Dashboard Light" by Meat Loaf is a good one too for that sense of innocence.

"Ain't no doubt about it, we were doubly blessed,

'Cause we were barely seventeen and we were barely dressed"

Hardly a romantic song, and it never really held any meaning to us (aside from it being a favourite of ours) but sometimes I find it hard to listen to, because that lyric there reminds me of our early, innocent days (when we were barely 17 and barely dressed, lol)

It also reminds me of an occasion about a year or two before we started dating (we were very good friends though) when her and my mother sang it together at a karaoke night. It just reminds me of that very innocent and care free point in my life (we would have been 15/16 at that time).

Isn't it strange how something as simple as a song can bring back so many memories and evoke such powerful emotions?

Who Knew? -Pink - Gets me everytime.

Brilliant Disguise - Bruce S.

Already Gone - Kelly Clarkson

The Dance - Garth Brooks

Last Kiss, Cold as You, Thiz is the Last time, and Almost Do - Taylor swift. Then there are the 3 bands we saw in concert that I can no longer listen to, as the trips were built on lies.

Archived