Told friend of illness; friend cancels plans with me

B733

I think you have a right to seek it, but not a right to demand it.

My main feeling from reading this is that the guy is possibly not as close to you as you thought he was. Do you have other friends?

We used to be close... We used to do everything together. We have nearly everything in common with each other...

Just to clarify, it turns out that this particular friend did not have a birthday party to attend. Rather, it was just one of those regular parties that people have from time to time. Thing is that he's had these once every single week for the past two months. The fact that he was not able to lend a shoulder to lean when I needed it most, I guess, shows where this is all headed.

lol it really doesn't matter if it was a regular party, a birthday party or Cher's 100th anniversary!! The guy clearly does not have the substance to support a friend in real need. That would make me feel so sad and low. That's a horrible thing to do to a friend. He's not a very good friend a tall when it comes to the test. I would keep this in mind and distance yourself and let yourself detach from him. I would NEVER do that to a friend, never mind a close friend!

Archived