Valentines Day Dread

I was with my ex last night for a little while before she made me go home because she had some things to do and get to bed early. Fair enough. However, while I was with her, anytime I touched her or tried to be more affectionate towards her she would shrug away. She knows I want to win her back and I even gave her a V-Day gift early(thinking that I might not get to see her today) that she did seem to really like. With that all said, I tried talking to her and tried getting her to be truthful to me about why she originally broke up with me last week but then hook back up with me over the weekend. She wouldn't say anything and she won't put me away for good. She just keeps saying she's not sure for now. I told her I had some things planned for her tonight on Valentines Day and asked if she'd go and she was being sort of sassy/sarcastic saying "Maybe...maybe not..maybe I have things to do?"

So anyway, I'm not sure if I'll get to see her tonight, I'm going to wait till around 3/4pm to ask her and we'll see. I miss her and I want to show her a good time tonight so we both are not alone. I really hope she comes around...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My ex has been talking about getting back together. He originally asked me to spend today with him. This morning he texted me that he was sick, and would let me know later if he decided to still come over. I told him that we could just sit on the couch and watch TV in our PJs. And told him that it was important to me to see him.

He responded that he felt like I was pressuring him or trying to force him to come over. And that he wasn't coming over because he doesn't like feeling forced.

The ironic thing is I was actually being nice. I was pissed, but kept it to myself. He broke up with me. I feel like I'm going out of my way to make things easy for him. I'm always the one that apologizes. And I feel guilty. I feel like the bad person. I'm so sick of this.

My Commitment-Ambivalent GF is away this week, it really makes it easier in fact. I think she would feel more distant were she here in town! Anyway, back in 2007, V-Day was when I found out my walkaway-wife of 20 years was dating someone new, so I'm not a V-Day fan anyway.

I forced myself to think back on the last 5 years and the 4 valentines days we were together....

The first one we were still in that blissful infatuated honeymoon phase, so it was great...

Second one we were in a balanced and loving relationship......still a good one

Third year the balance had shifted, although still real close, I was feeling the first "one-down" pangs....

Fourth year I may have been alone for how anxious and hurt I was starting to feel, not a good day at all.

This year although I'm alone and unsure of the future, I gave myself the valentine of freedom earlier.

I decided when she returns, I'll end it.

Happy Valentines Day to Me!

While I understand that men can be sad and lonely on Valentine's day, the day is still primarily for and about women. It's a way for them to show their girlfriends and the world how desirable they are and what a great man they caught. Proof being the xyz that he did/bought for them on this day.

Archived