Question addressed to the ladies about interest/attraction

Double J

How does a guy distinguish whether a girl who seems drawn to him likes him romantically, or just values him as a person (aka as a friend)?

You might all say "she flirts with you," but flirting signals can be ambiguous sometimes. A guy might think it's flirting but again, it could just be friendliness.

I'd like to know your opinions and guys are free to contribute.

Just to be blunt...unless you are extremely unattractive most girls that show an interest in you are probably attracted to you at some point in time. It may not be instantaneously, unless you have great looks and a great personality to match, but the more time you spend with a girl the more she will warm up to you.

What specifically do girls do to show they are attracted? Well....I can speak from a 27-year-old female perspective. We will go out of our way to talk to you, perhaps finding a "stupid question" to call you about. We show an interest in your hobbies, maybe even try to participate ourselves so we can say "yeah, I've done that before!"

When a girl talks to you, she will look at you if she is confident. If she's a little shy, she might fidget or look away nervously. Depends on how long you've known each other and how comfortable you are around each other. Nervously giggling and sincere smiles are dead giveaways.

If a girl is not interested in you at all, she won't hang around, trust me. She might smile and say "hi" in passing to be polite, but she won't make the time to try to get to you know.