Online dating idea

BritterSweet

I'm not planning to start online dating, just had an idea pop up in my head when reading an old thread.

In the thread, there was a lot of complaining and quite a gender war going on. The main things being moaned and groaned about were disappearing acts without saying anything, and harassment in return for even polite rejections.

So I had a thought about how to address both problems:

Have a pre-written message about how you're not interested saved on a document of some kind. Copy, paste and send it to the person you're rejecting, then immediately block them.

The rejected person gets their answer rather than being left hanging, and the rejecting person avoids the risk of being barraged with rude emails or demands for further explanation. Quick and easy.

Good idea or bad idea?

I'm not planning to start online dating, just had an idea pop up in my head when reading an old thread.

In the thread, there was a lot of complaining and quite a gender war going on. The main things being moaned and groaned about were disappearing acts without saying anything, and harassment in return for even polite rejections.

Have a pre-written message about how you're not interested saved on a document of some kind. Copy, paste and send it to the person you're rejecting, then immediately block them.

The rejected person gets their answer rather than being left hanging, and the rejecting person avoids the risk of being barraged with rude emails or demands for further explanation. Quick and easy.

Good idea or bad idea?

Just write "REJECT_username_X" in the headline of the email.

Then say:

"Dear username X,

We regret to inform you that we cannot accept your application to ourselves. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Sincerely, Us"

So many women do that, that i feel no guilt doing it back to so many women in return. I think thats the reason why online works for some, its a quiet rejection from the comfort of your own home. There was this one girl who left me a sweet message about how she doesnt normally ask men out, but because of my profile wanted to risk it, the message was super long, and personal to me- i debated what to send in return despite not being interested.

Personally, this may sound harsh, but I don't really find it important how someone that I am not interested in views me on the internet. I am always myself if I send a reply, I'm straight forward and to the point and super friendly. I have been in scenarios like 'Thorshammer' has mentioned where you feel someone has written to you so sincerely that you feel it would be appropriate to send a reply back even though you aren't interested. In general internet dating is a risk free move, you don't really have anything to lose. So you get rejected by someone, so what? You aren't stuck with that person everyday, you just move on from that profile and go to the next. You reject someone? Okay, tell them they aren't your type, say 'thanks but no thanks' and leave it at that.

I wouldn't block someone right off the bat, if I sent a reply I would try and keep it brief but to the point to where it leaves little room for questions. If the person does send a reply back to you again with a question, I normally just won't reply back. If the person decides to continue to message me or bother me, then I'll block. Simple as that. I think your method 'could' work but I just don't see the point in it, kind of more hassel than anything. If you don't like confrontation or you're a little sensitive then blocking would be an option but I don't think it's necessary. =)

-Keep

Good idea or bad idea?

Just don't reply. Most will understand. If you get a rude response, then reach for the mouse and aim it at the little button labelled block.

Have a pre-written message about how you're not interested saved on a document of some kind. Copy, paste and send it to the person you're rejecting

I got a nice rejection letter recently, and I was happy to get it because it told me I was doing something right in my initial response message to deserve a response, even if "sorry I don't think it would work."

But now I'm thinking, Wait: A girl sends you a rejection letter. You get an email from OKCupid saying: "You have a new message from AdorablePerfectGirl!!!!! Click here to open the message!" so you get all excited and then click there only to find out "I appreciate your thoughtful message but I'm afraid I don't think it would work. Wish you the best".

What a letdown

Archived