she dismissed.

Her eyes all shifting time -

"A step too late,

it seems."

Walking on,

it's done now;

A fading memory.

Postnote

I am entering this poem in my university's poetry contest, so that means (1) any feedback is much appreciated and (2) it will be copyright me in that case, so if you are considering taking any of it, that is plaigarism. Even if it's not published it is still plaigarism, but I just thought I'd give you a head's up, because the internet can be a scary place for this stuff.

Also, the reason why I posted this poem here was because this message board was such a great help to me this summer & in September in particular, in releasing my emotions & receiving helpful feedback, and so I thought it was somewhat appropriate. This poem encapsulates some of the tension I've felt recently. I am currently in love with my boyfriend but felt an unharbored attraction to someone else who is also in a commited relationship and due to a strong initial attraction between us (I'm assuming), there was always a lingering tension. This poem is loosely based on one time when I saw him & his eyes briefly locked with mine, before very cooly flickering elsewhere, as if he didn't care, or as if he didn't even know me. Although I pretended to be cool I felt like I was burning inside with shame and anger, because at that time I was still very much attracted to him, and he was trying to pretend there was nothing there, not even friendship. This poem is a dramatic, extrapolated version of what happened..sorta.

After writing it I feel a lot better. I am officially 'over' him now, so that's good..and still very much in love with my boyfriend.

Hey guys,

thanks for the input. SarCareBear, this is my first time writing free verse so I'm not that good yet..still used to the more traditional style.

And did you go through something similar, or do you mean you read my previous messages? hehehe..that was quite a crush I had; but it's over now.

thanks again,

sparrow