Open Club  ·  37 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

If you've visited/live in Alaska, please read. :)

woodsrose10

I've researched Alaska & it seems to me that it is NEVER very hot or humid at all; the only big thing that happens sunny-wise during the summer is that the days are extremely long and the sun doesn't set until like 10pm.

I have a similar forum where I asked about which state is known for cloudy/rainy days; as though by fate I began to learn about Alaska. If what I have researched is totally accurate, please let me know! Thanks! :strawberry:

Alaska is a beautiful state, but....it's pretty cool most of the year, even in summer.

I was there at the end of May/beginning of June a few years ago, and there was still snow everywhere, and I just about froze my butt off. The highest temp while I was there was about 70. So, if you like it a little cooler, and you also like a lot of snow, it's a good place for you. I loved it but know I could never live there.

If you're looking for somewhere overcast and cooler a lot of the time -- with a lot of rain -- Washington is a great state. Northern Oregon is good for that, too. Both of those states are very beautiful, too.

I need sun, and Washington is not nearly sunny enough for me. But, I know a lot of people love that kind of weather.

• 3 weeks later...
Alaska is a beautiful state, but....it's pretty cool most of the year, even in summer.

I was there at the end of May/beginning of June a few years ago, and there was still snow everywhere, and I just about froze my butt off. The highest temp while I was there was about 70. So, if you like it a little cooler, and you also like a lot of snow, it's a good place for you. I loved it but know I could never live there.

If you're looking for somewhere overcast and cooler a lot of the time -- with a lot of rain -- Washington is a great state. Northern Oregon is good for that, too. Both of those states are very beautiful, too.

I need sun, and Washington is not nearly sunny enough for me. But, I know a lot of people love that kind of weather.

Arizona's good for that. Also Florida, California,....

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have an ex living in Alaska, all I know is that it's pretty cold and it's almost always snowing there all the time he comes home. Also sometimes the sun almost never sets. Like there was this one time he told me, the sun was still up but it was already 10PM. Weird. I want to visit there though. I heard the winter there is colder than here in Tokyo.

Archived