How on earth do you make it sound good/right?

anxious_guy

I was wondering how you can ask someone on a date/tell them how much they mean to you without scaring them off if they do not feel the same. I have liked this girl for about 3 years now and have been through all the stages from not even knowing her name to becoming good friends with her. I have told her how i felt before but it did not go down too well and she ran a mile. But recently she came back into my life, i feel so bad constantly for not being able to tell her how i feel because its one of those things that i have to do just to have it out there instead of in me. Last time i did it i had some personal/family problems and i panicked and was too intense for her. She got scared. But this time im reely going to try and and say it good for her at least. But i do not know how to approach her about meeting up. I dont want to scare her again, if she left again it would be too much for me. Since i have left school it is hard for me to see her and speak with her anyway. I cant handle being this detached from her and need to see her soon to talk any advice about how to do it would be much appreciated. ben. xx

At some point, you just have to go for it and accept the results.

You don't have to hit her over the head with it (i.e. I LOVE YOU PLEASE BE WITH ME FOREVER)... but rather, you can tell her that she means a lot to you and that you would like to find a way to see if there could be more between the two of you.

If she backs away again... it might be time to move on.

--bullseye

Hi there,

Your best bet is to just ask her out. Don't profess your undying love.. at least not yet !

Take her out a few times before you get serious with her. This way you can check how she reacts to you and if she has feelings for you too.

Good luck!

hi, i would like to be able to just go and ask her out but to be honest im too shy most of the time and scared of some of the potential consequences. everytime i do speak with her i feel the need to tell her everything but feel i cannot as i cant afford to lose her again. theres relatively little contact between us now, i dont think she would understand how much she means to me. she dosnt realise the feelings i have had for her for so long now. if i could just tell her it would be a start and it may even prompt her to open up. im shy and a loser. ben xx