Open Club  ·  109 members  ·  Free

Journals

New Journal

itsallgrand

15 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Hahaha we drive everywhere, there is no public transportation. I have always driven public transportation wigs me out. 

Driving wigs me out especially in heavy city traffic. I’ve come to hate being in a car. I started taking public transit on my own around age 11. My mom stopped taking public transportation around age 87 for health and safety reasons. I hate being in situations more than very temporarily where driving is essential. I never went to a grocery store by car until I was a teen and then only with friends who lived in the suburbs. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Driving wigs me out especially in heavy city traffic. I’ve come to hate being in a car. I started taking public transit on my own around age 11. My mom stopped taking public transportation around age 87 for health and safety reasons. I hate being in situations more than very temporarily where driving is essential. I never went to a grocery store by car until I was a teen and then only with friends who lived in the suburbs. 

Wow, yeah I only lived in the Burbs or a small town so driving was essential. I did take buses as a kid and teen but not after learning to drive . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Batya33 said:

It's a fake city as I call it because people drive everywhere instead of walking or using public transit or biking.  I can't relate to the extent of it and never would want to live that way.  

Oh I see! Yeah that's the worst part of living in a city - driving in it - imo. And one of the best parts is being able to get around easily to everything a city has to offer. I'm with you on that.

Where we are now, it's somewhat country so I rely on my vehicle a lot. But some people here are downright comical about it - driving a block to pick up mail etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, itsallgrand said:

Oh I see! Yeah that's the worst part of living in a city - driving in it - imo. And one of the best parts is being able to get around easily to everything a city has to offer. I'm with you on that.

Where we are now, it's somewhat country so I rely on my vehicle a lot. But some people here are downright comical about it - driving a block to pick up mail etc. 

Yes!! I remember when I first realized people did that! I so didn't get it.  When I moved here I asked a neighbor where she got her hair done as I was looking for a place so she says "oh just right down the road!"  I didn't know she meant -two miles away (which is a little beyond walkable weather depending).  To her it was right down the road LOL.  To me that meant walkable.  Like down the block.