Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

Gratitude Journal

journeynow

Grateful I live surrounded by natural beauty and wildlife. I see more animals than people in my daily life, and not much in the way of concrete and asphalt.

This is a great thing to be thankful for and I feel the same way.

Being introduced to gratitude practice!

It's a great tool for coping with the rougher parts of life. And for seeing what I have.

Gatorade.

Fresh vegetables.

Dog 'smiles'.

My friends laughter.

Hugs from my mom.

Water fountains.

My big leather couch and a selection of books.

Reverse cycle heating (at work only for me). A very cold forecast ahead with snow predicted in places we don't usually get it. There is snow in surrounding areas to where I live, but we don't usually get it where Zi am although the frosts can be so heavy that it does look like snow.

Hi Faraday! I live in a southern part of Australia in a small country town near the border. We are having a very cold few weeks by Australian standards with temperatures getting to minus 5 degrees Celsius. There is snow predicted in areas we don't usually get it although I am not too far from the Alpine region where there do have ski fields. Just have the wood heater where I'm living atm but I have lots if woolies including my rugs. Of course, it's nothing like Canada. Most of us couldn't cope with your winter weather for mire than a holiday.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Insight and self-knowlege. Sometimes it creeps in, feels unwelcome at first, but recognizing it and accepting it is important in changing unwanted patterns.

I would hardly be grateful for this right now, amidst a break-up, but you're so right. I'm grateful to the people of this site that allowed me to recognize when a relationship wasn't right for me and gave me to the courage to end it peacefully.

• 3 weeks later...
I would hardly be grateful for this right now, amidst a break-up, but you're so right. I'm grateful to the people of this site that allowed me to recognize when a relationship wasn't right for me and gave me to the courage to end it peacefully.

I have to say, for me, time brings clarity. More time, more clarity. Or maybe it is perspective. At each phase it is easy for me to judge my long-term marriage one way or another. More time, more perspective, and my thoughts and recognition changes. Am glad for that. Grateful.

Grateful for my collection of hand-knitted and crotcheted rugs and that I have a wood heater at home!

I know you posted this a while ago, but did you make the rugs yourself? This is something I've always wants to try.

Today I'm grateful for an empty house and caffeine. I didn't sleep well last night....so it's nice that things are quiet here. And it's nice to be on the board- I'm alone but I'm not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm grateful I took control of my health and well-being and asked to be taken off of a med, even though it's beneficial for me. I'm grateful that I figured out my tolerance and that the side effects for those meds were too much for me, and I spoke up. And I'm grateful my doctor listened to my concerns and agreed with me.

Had a dream last night in which things weren't going well, I didn't know what to do, and was growing more and more perplexed. Then it dawned on me "Hey, since this is a dream I could just wake up!" And I did, easy, peasy! Tickled me at the time, and still does, and am grateful for that, it makes me happy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...