Hi, I am having huge problems. I recently got dumped by my gf/fiance of two years and I miss her so much. I just think about her all the time and it kills me to do anything. I am kinda shy and the big prob is the fact taht im in the radio biz so i really dont have any contact with people except over the phone (and ya know thats the best place to meet people). I do go to college but havent been able to make many solid friends that I can hang out with and confide in. Please help me figure out a way that I can deal with the pain, I know im in some sort of depression, but I just dont know what to do. Also it sucks because I would love to meet new girls but i dont think that i have the heart or the esteem to do it just yet. Anyone out there with any suggestions please help!!!. Thank you very much and everyone have a great day.

I would beat out my shyness. Go to bars, or local hang out areas where you are forced to interact with people. You will never get over her until you put yourself out there and realize there's a new tomorrow. When my boyfriend broke up with me (we got back together very soon after) I felt devastated, so heartbroken, I stayed in bed and cried all day and night. But by the next night I decided I needed to get out and breathe some fresh air, so I went to a party with my best friend. I wasnt in the best of moods and was still sad inside but it felt good that I allowed myself to break the ice and go put myself out there. The next day my boyfriend came over and apologized and we've been together for almost two years. But I know that if he hadnt ever come over, I would have just kept going out and putting myself out there. It's the only way to not think about things and meet new people. The more you keep yourself inside and full of shyness the more you'll constantly think about her and dwell on your problems.

As a former shy person I would say go out and make yourself do it. You may go out and get no result but every effort will make it easier the next time. I have done things on my own and told myself its really bad I can leave. Often i'm very glad I did it. Being shy is awful, I sympathise and as a former shy person I try to look out for my kind. We know you are shy not weird and we like you for it.

As for the pain you are feeling, sadly you are not alone. We all feel that bad.