This special someone

Ky13

Hello everyone,

There is this girl that I've worked with for almost a year now (she just recently quit) and I've really started noticing her like last February. At first I was just like "whatever, another co-worker" but one day I worked with her and we just clicked. Thing is, she has had a boyfriend that she JUST recently broke-up with (together for like 1.5 years) and she was really down in the dumps. I've always respected the fact that she had a bf, but I have always flirted with her, and she did back to me. We get along very well, and we both feel quite comfortable talking to eachother about things.

Lately my mind is never on anything else, just this girl. No matter how hard I try, she never escapes my head. I sit in class and don't pay attention, I really try, but it's too hard. Now that she doesn't have a boyfriend, I want to ask her out, but I think it's a little early to express myself in such a way, especially since she is quite heart-broken ATM. (ironic, actually, she feels the same way in school, not thinking of anything but her break-up) The next time I see her or call her, would anyone be willing to give me an idea of what to say to her or what I could do to help her and try to get her out of this state? I'm just not exactly sure what to say. Sry for the long post. I just really need a hand here.

I would start off maybe by saying: "look I know you just broke up with your boyfriend, but I like you, and if you want to go out on a date sometime, just call me." Or something like that. Let her know your interested in her, but give her time to heal....anyway good luck on whatever you decide!