How long does growing leg hair usually take?

Right after shaving, my legs look like they have dots because of what's still under the skin that the razor didn't reach (It's really obvious to me with my black hair and fair skin). Also, they start feeling, um, pokey* again just a few hours afterward. So I'm considering switching to waxing. I heard that it even decreases the hair growth in the long run, though that may or may not be true.

Leg hair has to be at least 1/4 of an inch to be waxed. How long does it usually take to get to that length? I almost always wear long pants anyway except when I'm exercising, so I can cover it.

So I'm considering switching to waxing. I heard that it even decreases the hair growth in the long run, though that may or may not be true.

It's totally true. Waxing does decrease hair growth over time and also weakens the hair too, making it much finer/thinner. I've been waxing for many years and there's almost nothing left to wax anymore. Also, after waxing it lasts so much longer before needing to wax again. I highly recommend waxing!!

As for how long it takes to grow: Different for everybody, as some girls have to shave almost daily and others only need to shave every 3rd day or so.

Different for everybody, as some girls have to shave almost daily and others only need to shave every 3rd day or so.

Aww, I was hoping for an estimation. I usually shave every other day, but would have to shave every day if I wore shorts all the time.

I shave every day. Just hate that stubbly feeling! Never had my legs waxed...just my eyebrows. That's enough pain! Lol

Okay, you're scaring me a little bit. I was okay waxing my eyebrows and upper lip. But those are just little areas, and those hairs were absolutely shorter than 1/4 inch.

i could grow mine to that length in less than 2 weeks.

I shave every other day but it's usually pokey the next day. I hate that feeling, even in pants, so I shave like that year around. In summer, I will sometimes shave every day, depending on what I've got going on in the week.

I shave every day. Just hate that stubbly feeling! Never had my legs waxed...just my eyebrows. That's enough pain! Lol

It's an acquired taste I think I've waxed my own legs before. But my hair grows really fast, even with waxing. With waxing or shaving, I can feel the regrowth after 2-3 days.

OP, to answer your question, it'd take me less than 2 weeks to get 1/4 inch of leg hair.

My leg hair is pretty fine and thin, I'm a fair skinned blonde, so I don't need to shave my legs very oftenm maybe once a week at the most. Sometimes it's great being blonde, but sometimes it's a pain (I have to avoid direct sunligh like a vampire, I burn really easily). When it comes to shaving my legs, you can't really see my leg hair so I can get away without shaving if I'm not getting close to anyone.

Archived