Hate dreaming about your ex everyday? Here's how I deal with it.

I used to dream about my ex a lot too, but it stopped about a month ago after I started my "dream-killer" routine. Actually, I can't guarantee you the dreams are gone specifically because of it, but I sure as hell feel better after going through with this plan. Here's what I do every night before I go to sleep (from the comfort of my bed along with my favorite laptop):

- Watch sports highlights, preferably some that don't involve your favorite team losing.

- Load an upbeat playlist (in my case that could be RHCP's Blood Sugar Sex Magik, ACDC's Back in Black, Dire Straits' Alchemy Live, something that makes me feel like moving).

- Post some words of encouragement on ENA (remember that there's always someone in greater need than you, like those who just got dumped).

- Go to link removed and go through the first page of links.

- Do the same for link removed.

- Keep doing something that keeps the happy feeling going, like stopping your playlist and watching live performances of songs in your playlist.

- Once you're in a good mood and ready to sleep, turn everything off. Close your eyes and dig deep in an attempt to find great memories from your childhood, high school years, etc. as long as it's something that came before meeting the ex you're trying to forget.

- Relive those memories! Take as much time as you want.

- Visualize yourself doing your favorite activities with your friends or that really hot girl you met last week. See yourself doing things with other people!

- Sleep!

Ever since I started doing this I no longer dream about my ex everyday and -despite waking up at times to the thought of her with the other dude- most of the time I wake up feeling positive and looking forward to a day that doesn't involve her. So while I can't guarantee this is going to work for you, if you don't know what to do give it a shot for a couple of weeks. Worst comes to worst you'll have some good times before bedtime.

As I go through this routine I try to avoid Facebook, Twitter, etc. You don't need to read random love quotes at this point

Archived