Wait... Or let go...?

GuitarGirl99

Hey guys,

To cut a long story short... My ex boyfriend broke up with me 6 weeks ago... During that time we have seen each other twice and both times he has said 'we may get back together in the future' We havent really spoken a lot during these last 6 weeks, just the odd text.

We broke up because he was scared of commitment, we had been together for 2 years, and were planning on moving in together. He also said he needed to make something of his life, and since we broke up he has quit his band, and moved out of his family home.

I sent him an email (around 10 days ago!!) and in that email I told him that I want to get back with him in the future.... He called me the day after I sent it, and also txt me a few days later saying I'll have my reply soon. He also sent me a text on Thursday morning saying he's in the process of replying, but he's just really busy atm.

What do you guys think I should do? Still wait for him to take his time in sending me a reply? Or just realise that what he was saying about us maybe getting back together was just something to soften the blow for me? and tell him not to bother with replying?

I'm really confused... So any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Move on with your life, he is stringing you along. If he hasn't figured it out in 2 years, he never will.

Never wait around for someone to decide if they want you in their life! Find someone who wants to be with you!

If he is too busy to reply, he is saying you're not a priority. Look at his actions!

Yep i agree here, while you letting him know you want to get back togehter he is in the best position, you are waiting so he can go 'play'. Trust me just cut him out and move on. What will probably happen then is he will realise you gone and come back, or not. But at least you know and dont waste your life waiting around.

Hi guitargirl...I am currently 'waiting' for my ex to give me a final answer on whether he wants us to be together or to give me closure that it's over. I need an answer either way. He still tells me he loves me but needs time. It's almost 4 months post break up already. So I have said have a hard think for a couple of weeks and then I need an answer. After those 2 weeks, that's it. I'm done. I am not wasting my life on someone who isn't sure...maybe giving him a limit is an idea? It means he needs to stick to it out of respect for you, and gives him the understanding that it is not ok to leave you hanging and you can tolerate it for a set period but be firm, it is not going to go on forever

Hi guitargirl...I am currently 'waiting' for my ex to give me a final answer on whether he wants us to be together or to give me closure that it's over. I need an answer either way. He still tells me he loves me but needs time. It's almost 4 months post break up already. So I have said have a hard think for a couple of weeks and then I need an answer. After those 2 weeks, that's it. I'm done. I am not wasting my life on someone who isn't sure...maybe giving him a limit is an idea? It means he needs to stick to it out of respect for you, and gives him the understanding that it is not ok to leave you hanging and you can tolerate it for a set period but be firm, it is not going to go on forever

But, don't you see that their inaction is their answer.

Y..ou are waiting so he can go 'play'. Trust me just cut him out and move on. What will probably happen then is he will realise you gone and come back, or not. But at least you know and dont waste your life waiting around.

You ARE waiting so he can go play. He's putting you on the backburner in case he doesn't like his playmate.

My advice is to cut. him. off. I would tell him that you need someone who can commit to you, he's not it, end it, end contact, and move on. I would bet rem is right that THAT will likely have him come begging. Trust me, cutting him off is the best thing.

Archived