Hnybun

sounds like jealousy. There's no concern about potentially cheated taxpayers and families who could have used medical care but aren't eligible and can't afford it. You're saying that she has what you don't have, no?

We here on the forum simply don't know all the circumstances to be able to conclude whether those actions are legal or not. They might be immoral, but I'm not so sure if they're illegal.

Having the money to be able to pay for you rown medical insurance but not reporting the income and letting the government pay for it when you can pay for it is illegal, just as lying on your taxes to get more money back from the government is illegal.

I know no facts other than what the OP posted here. No harm would be done if they're doing wrong. If OP's of the facts as anyone that reports a crime, then she should. The authorities would sort out the facts. I'm sure some pathetic staff at Penn State thought would be tacky to report a crime too.

Having the money to be able to pay for you rown medical insurance but not reporting the income and letting the government pay for it when you can pay for it is illegal, just as lying on your taxes to get more money back from the government is illegal.

I understand the mother isn't working, so she most likely doesn't have the money. The fact that father of the children has money doesn't directly disqualify the woman from the support, right?

I understand the mother isn't working, so she most likely doesn't have the money. The fact that father of the children has money doesn't directly disqualify the woman from the support, right?

Yes, it does. If they are MARRIED they by law have to show his income when they try for Medicaid or Medicare. Because although SHE isn't working she's living with HIM and his income is supporting her and that child. If she were in her own apartment with no job yes, your thought process would be correct because she isn't have support from anyone. But she's living with him and his income is supporting all 3 of them. Now a lot of married couples still get qualified for it because they only make x amount but if you make over the x amount you don't qualify for it. I know because my cousin worked (his wife was a SAHM) and he BARELY qualified for it but his income was the support of all of them so they had to show it.

To not do so is fraud.

I haven't read through every post but if she's on Medicare she has some kind of disability otherwise it's for the over 65 crowd, and she is not likely to be abusing it. You have to report changes in everything so they would know and have probably already decided she's qualified.

Yes, it does. If they are MARRIED they by law have to show his income when they try for Medicaid or Medicare. Because although SHE isn't working she's living with HIM and his income is supporting her and that child. If she were in her own apartment with no job yes, your thought process would be correct because she isn't have support from anyone. But she's living with him and his income is supporting all 3 of them. Now a lot of married couples still get qualified for it because they only make x amount but if you make over the x amount you don't qualify for it. I know because my cousin worked (his wife was a SAHM) and he BARELY qualified for it but his income was the support of all of them so they had to show it.

To not do so is fraud.

You,'re correct, but that's a big IF. Poster might not know all the details. I've heard of families who get married in a religious ceremony but never file paperwork with the state. To their families they're a happy couple with a few kids, where dad makes money and mom stays at home with kids. To the state they're a single guy and a not working woman with a few kids. See the difference?

You,'re correct, but that's a big IF. Poster might not know all the details. I've heard of families who get married in a religious ceremony but never file paperwork with the state. To their families they're a happy couple with a few kids, where dad makes money and mom stays at home with kids. To the state they're a single guy and a not working woman with a few kids. See the difference?

I do but I can only give advice on the details the OP gives - unless otherwise stated or known, marriage to me means the legit ceremony. I don't know, like I said I haven't had insurance since I was 18 so I have never had to fiddle with it. But I remember my dad not working for months and months at a time but us kids not being able to be on the government thing because my grandma (who we lived with) made too much. I have no idea except for the scenario with my cousin were at one point he did make too much for them to cover the kids.

Archived