Open Club  ·  108 members  ·  Free

Journals

Meoww's stylebook

meoww

My outfit was pretty cute

I wore those pants, rolled up, with slightly heeled oxfords. A very pale greyish beige cowl neck shirt, and a sheer black button up over that, and a cropped grey cardi over that. It sounds way too busy but it really wasn't.

I also saw a woman with these amazing knee high socks--kind of clear with black polka dots, she paired them with orangey leather ankle boots--I forget what kind of boot though--and she wore a green jacket or anorak, can't remember. I wish I could remember her shoes because they were crucial to making her look work.

also another person with this fuzzy brown jacket and vintagey looking tee underneath--

thinking about buying this backpack--on sale for very cheap but it's a winter bag and I'm not sure it's a good idea to get one now. but I may not have another chance.

also, perhaps a canvas backpack...still looking for a good pack

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought a bunch of new stuff for about $150.

bright pale yellow skinnies

black shorts

this black jean jacket, cropped with grey sweatshirt sleeves

a tie dyed tee with shoulder cut outs

a black/bleached tee with those knots/fringe at the bottom

dark skinnies

(a bunch of other stuff but I don't remember right now. Everything was either very basic or on sale!)

`thinking about getting

dark maroon tights--to wear with shorts, etc...and some mustard colored ones too.

caving and getting a pair of those timbaland type boots for girls but, I don't know

I want 2 backpacks--one plain and one patterned. I'm thinking about a magenta one made out of that shiny material that looks like a garbage bag or something lol

union jack wallet? i don't know about this either--i am getting really sick of that pattern but I still like it

I saw this girl wearing an updated, shorter version of a poodle skirt (from H&M), with a letterman jacket, and this white canvas tote. She looked amazing

I also saw a million other great looks.

maybe i want a tiny hat (another trend I'm late on)

Also, I want some new converse--either white or in an interesting pattern. actually, what I really want is a pair of nikes--just plain, low top. I just can't wear stuff that everyone else is wearing, it's just not me.

If I can find a peacoat/ wool jacket on sale at this point I would be very happy.

Saw another girl with really interesting style yesterday morning but I don't really remember what she was wearing. but I am really seeing some amazing style on the streets. Another girl was wearing these modified moon boots (but not bulky ones) that were black and purple, she was wearing acid washed black jeans, and white headphones, riding her bike. The other girl was wearing a bunch of dark colors and this faux fur cropped jacket something like that

Being inspired by all subcultures/cult/low brow aesthetics, realizing it's all art.

wearing bright spring colors

i am really into green, coral, and orange right now. all compliment my skin tone well. i never knew I looked good in neon shades either. i don't wear neon yellow or blue though but I do look good in turquoise.

not really into dolmans anymore

i really want find some more bright green stuff, in particular shades of pale neon.

i also decided i do not like white shorts, or the majority of colored denim. i did recently buy a pair of pale yellow skinnies though.

still into monochrome though--especially when i see people out in all brown or all white.

i feel like I'm in a strange transitional phase with my style right now. I'm now putting a lot more effort into my hair, skin, makeup (or lack thereof) than fashion. but on the other hand I feel like I really figuring out my own style. I don't really wear anything with any visible branding.

i might want:

a yellow bathing suit

floral dress with a high/low hemline--found a great one online

a white skirt? not denim material

sandals

a necklace/earrings

sweatshirt material skirt

a few t shirts

a purple dress (i'm not sure what style)

a black dress

some fun belts--maybe one to coordinate with the black dress

i want to buy or make a short black pleated skirt with suspenders, i saw an amazing skirt like this but i thought it was too scandalous/expensive but now I regret not buying it. I went back to the store a week later and it was gone!!

• 2 weeks later...

oh me oh my

I went shopping today...

I bought two letterman jackets!! exactly the same one in two different color combos, they are very basic, no letters or anything. One is grey/white. The other red/blue

the red and blue one looks amazing on

even thinking about buying a third--this gingham pink and white one but I'm not sure if it's too hipstery for me.

i am enjoying crisp, clean colors like blue, white, and red.

I still want this crazy rainbow poncho I saw last week. It has a hood and looks very hippie. That is why I hesitated on buying it.

this crewneck new york print dolman--in magenta (letters) and that purple/cornflower blue mix color I think it's called periwinkle--it is on sale but again I don't know if it is just 'too much' for me

bought a black and white polka dot beach bag--it's huge and it was very cheap, and really cute!! I am really looking forward to using it when the weather warms up a bit.

I have said this so many times but I'm liking my style more and more lately. I finally figured out how to look feminine and fresh for the most part. This spring and summer I feel like I am finally going to feel really confident about how I look! and I bought a new camera (a really nice one) so I will be able to document it all

I also bought this cherry red halter. It is cotton, and was annoyingly expensive for a simple tank.

doing some spring cleaning. this doesn't have to do with style per se but I am flossing a lot more which I am really proud of lol.

thinking about a trench??? i don't know... I am finally getting sick of shopping honestly. I wish we didn't have to wear clothes at all! I would love that. I would also love to just wear branches or flowers or leaves instead of clothes.

could I really be giving up fashion!?! at least partially...I'm partially much more on my game these days so I don't have to work quite as hard at it.

I chopped off almost all of my unhealthy dyed hair. All natural for the first time since I was 14/15! I honestly don't remember the last time my hair didn't have at least some kind of dye somewhere in it even if it was dyed to match my natural color. my eyebrows, after 2 years are finally mostly grown in!

my skin is starting to look less dull and dry. I think I was seriously nutritionally deficient for a year. Now my skin's elasticity is improving, but I can't stop eating unhealthy processed food...it really is just so convenient. if I could only take care of that. I hardly drink, never smoke now, get plenty of sleep and I avoid the sun.

but, I need to work on exercise and diet. I can't believe it took me 2 years to do something I feel it should take a person 6 months to do! oh well, it is better than not having any direction at all.

I have a plan though...finally living out my dreams. and I think I will find love soon. Soon could mean 3 years though lol. but I'm old enough to know, that's nothing. I feel like I'm riding a great good wave toward the future. Like I'm balancing very well on the present, yet moving forward. Never felt like this in my life. I feel so fulfilled with what little I have--well I guess I realize, to some extent, we're all equal and no one, after a certain point really has much more than anyone else, the rest is just superfluous really.

but all this living in the moment stuff works for me now, but I can't imagine it'll be the best way to live my life when I'm older...that's what scares me. Choosing to live fully in the present may mean that I don't plan well enough for a more difficult future. ahh!! I don't want to think about that. I don't want it to happen!!

one thing I do know is that I would like to live free of my vices. I don't have many left, but the ones I do have are still really frustrating. I want to feel free and in control.

• 1 month later...

I bought some denim flatforms

They are actually really cute, and cheap. The sole has a straw weave like an espadrille.

I am still keeping things relatively simple, dressing to flatter my shape/being more sexy rather than wearing the trendiest pieces. The flatforms were a bit of a relapse but they were such fun.

I really can't get enough of bright colors esp coral. I also bought some pale, chalky, cornflower blue cut-off daisy dukes.

Planning my outfit for today....it has been cooler so I probably want to wear long pants. Even though they aren't my favorite, it would be easy to slip on a maxi skirt or a high low skirt on a day like today. I don't own any though.

• 2 months later...

This is from my other journal but it's my outfit from yesterday

Yesterday I wore my long hair down and straight, these jute wedges with an rounded open toe, with a floral print, short overalls (the kind where the overall material goes like right under your chest--but the shorts were kind of like bermuda short length so it wasn't ****ty in my opinion), and a white tee. I carried a black leather backpack. I actually looked decent for once in my life, it's like I had another style breakthrough and finally figured out how to shop without looking too much like a try hard or looking too cheap.

I love my new wedges--they look really new, not too tall and sexy but they were only $4!! ahh

my overalls also look kind of expensive but they were also secondhand and only $5

my entire wardrobe is basically from H&M right now though....but that's okay. I've trying to be more edgy and dressed up and I feel really energetic and outgoing when I'm dressed like that.

I just want to learn how to braid my hair etc now because I can't do any of those cool fishtails or anything.

I bought an electric blue motorcycle jacket (actually I dont know what type of jacket it is) and it looks so good with my coloring, that is one of my favorite new pieces

basically, I'm no holds barred wearing leather pants and loving it

wish I would have done this sooner

Yesterday I wore this dress that can be best described as having a Keith haring inspired print in black and white. It zips down the front

If I would have been more daring I would've paired it with these red canvas wedges but instead,

I wore black tights and black flats, and a polka dot denim button up. It was very 80's/90's but I didnt have the time to come up with another outfit.

Today I might wear some candy colored shorts that look very silky, they are like pale blue cotton candy.

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh im so excited because I feel like my wardrobe is finally complete!!

Latest additions include:

Brown suede wedges that are so comfy and make my ankles look so dainty. I love them so much I might get them in black too

Red heels with little white dots. They are sandals that cross in the front and have an ankle strap. These look amazing on too and can be dressed up or down

This black skirt it is so hard to explain but it is like the sleekest thing I own and feel so fierce in it.

Feeling bold colors for fall and j definitely have the clothes to match my mood.

I have a neon yellow neck cuff/ necklace thing I want to wear while it's still hot out.

My hair is getting pretty long and since I havent dyed it in so long it looks great. I have thinner hair than I thought though, since it was damaged for so long and feeling really thick and dry. I could never imagine dyeing it now since its so shiny.

over the last few months I studied the style of a few celebrities I like and merged it into my own style. It was like something clicked and I lost weight and suddenly I was really feeling my look.

I bought a bunch of new underwear and I am really pleased with it as well.

Hopefully I won't feel the need to shop for a while...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I want some new leg warmers so that they can peek out of my boots.

I also really, really need a new jacket.

My style is evolving again, I'm opting for a less bohemian look these days. But I don't know, my style is a mash up of a lot of things.

This winter I love RED, mustard yellow, burnt sienna, navy, BLACK, gold, and green

I've been wearing colors that are more clear and bright, clothing that doesn't look like its had a lot of wear.

I also need some new boots and flats, I just can't walk in heels as much as I try...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some items I want to pick up if possible

Beige wool coat

A white jacket, possibly down

I'm just annoyed with myself because I bought a black down, which I like but I'm thinking maybe white would have been better....it's one of the few white coats I've seen with white fake fur trim rather than that natural color.

I almost bought two other jackets

A brown boucly jacket

And a pinkish wool one

But I chickened out because they seemed too trendy or something

Maybe it's good that I didn't

Picked up a beigy very light pinkish trench, it was really cheap but it was very cute

And a gorgeous red hooded jacket the problem with it is that it is not warm at all, probably

And an amazing, amazing jean jacket.

And a gold necklace

Still wonder if I should have bought that red, poly fill jacket

I am still obsessed with red, it is like my color now...

Spring...is.almost here

I'm just looking for

A black trench

Some stylish mature looking work clothes

Some color to liven up my wardrobe but not in a super trendy way necessarily

I have lots of cute denim now so I'm covered there...

There were some other shirts and stuff I'm thinking about buying at 70 percent off!!

Lets see...

For spring

I am looking for

A scarf

Sunglasses

Flats, I just can't do heels

Maybe a quilted purse

Printed sundresses but only one that's floral

Maybe a red or yellow bathing suit

In terms of work clothes

A black blazer

A couple of shirts

And I guess that's it

I can't decide how I feel about sweater dresses

I almost bought a navy and brown wool striped one for 70 percent off like everything else

But, they kind of look too fashiony

Maybe that's a good thing

Maybe I should get into this power dressing thing

I was just worried about buying too much, but it was like everything I was looking for was there

And now that dress has sold

So I'm disappointed

• 2 weeks later...

I want to buy this chocolate brown belted down if it is still available. It's exactly the same as one that I already own in black but it's so damn cute and amazingly cheap and it makes my butt look cute which is a plus.

But I'm sort of too lazy to go get it.l!!!! I should just go.....the sale ends in 3 days.

It would be nice to have:

A nice necklace to wear every day

A basic v neck sweater

Flats

Plaid tights? Maybe

Two purses

Actually three

Quilted

Nylon/canvas

Leather/ hopefully fake leather

(But I actually kind of want

A black one too

And

A printed tote like one of those city name ones

And a bucket bag--in leather or silver or furry)

But I will be satisfied with one or two of these, just don't want to forget what I'm looking for

M

Some cute earrings

Pajamas and sweats

Shoes I can walk in

A sundress

Mmmm

I wish I bought that peach colored dress that was sooo discounted, it just seemed too cutesy at the time...

I kind of still want, like, more long socks, especially in white.

I love making these lists...

I don't know, I have most of the cute stuff I want at this point.

One pair of cute sandals...but I already have those red and white polka dot sandals that are ridiculously adorable

Success...

Can't wait for spring because I love my wardrobe

I want some underwear, and stuff from Victoria's Secret

And running shoes!!! This is the most important thing

And black yoga pants

This spring

I also want to make an effort to just wear what I like instead of worrying so much what others will think of me.

• 2 weeks later...

Didnt get black yoga pants but I did get black leggings.

I want to get a basic scarf on sale but I can't decide on whether to get

Beige, grey, White, black, red, or even pale pink.

I lost my beige one which is so sad!!

I might be boring and eventually get a brown coach bag

Thinking of bleaching this cream shirt I have to white. I wonder if that would work.

Dark denim would be nice but I really don't need it

A red down would also be amazing...saw one on sale for $50

I tried on some glasses but none if the frames flattered me at all

Not a big shopping mood

But still trying to figure out my spring wish list.

Black sandals

Floral dress or skirt

White pants

Khaki pants

White tee

Khaki trench--but this can wait since I already have a cute pale pinkish one I bought recently

Quilted purse

Some sporty stuff or vs pink stuff

A baseball cap

Team hoodie

Some grey stuff, like a blazer.

Grey knits.

Cute button up short sleeve white shirt for work

Nude pumps?? Again not that high of a priority

And leftover from winter,

Dark Brown boots

Maybe that zip up beige sweater material spaghetti strap dress (but probably not)

I love this crop top I have. It's sheer electric blue with the same color polka dots. Can't wait to wear it out in summer. I wore it under a black long sleeve with a silver circle necklace with black pants and black boots.

I want to sort through my wardrobe and narrow it down to the things I like best.

I am satisfied with my current wardrobe though, except for the fact that I wish I had the stuff I mentioned above

Like workout clothes, some work clothes, and maybe new luggage.

Other than that, I think I can mix and match my current pieces to create new looks.

Fashion is kind of a let down because it never changes. I thought in 2013 we would all be rocking super futuristic stuff and prepared for that like back in 2006. I was so wrong lol

Now I just wear normal, feminine but modern stuff which is fine.

So anyway, as much as I wanted to buy a cute floral dress for summer

I might just not really care, eh.

Wouldn't it be awesome if I didn't shop for like 5 years!

I would feel like such a good, non wasteful person.

So

Let me see what I can manage

In 2012 I didn't really shop from feb-September. And then from October to November I didn't really shop either.

In 2011 I didn't shop much either

This year I want to see if I can make it the whole year

Well it's already mid February

But I already have cute swim wear

And cute spring clothes

So other than the most basic amenities,

I would like to stop buying trendy stuff and really make the most of what I have.

My style is finally cute enough that I can do that without worrying that I look bad but I just don't realize it.

Yay this makes me happy.

I'll just continue to make wish lists on here if I don't want to forget whatever it is that I want.

My makeover is finally complete!!! So exciting

• 3 weeks later...

Wish list

Oh that amazing black short down with the white liner. I just thought a white liner was kind of impractical

But I love black and white down coats. I really wish I would have bought one!!!!!

I have a regular black down but I like the way it pops with the white

But I'm trying to cut down on shopping so I haven't bought anything except black yoga pants, leggings and a grey tee.

Stuff I like but maybe not enough to buy

Grey jeans

New flannel-- just a lil boring these days

Light blue cotton button up-- why must these cost a fortune!! Cute but again kind of boyish

Grey sweater

I saw a lime green purse I liked but it was kind of intense looking

But I really might want to buy the button up

It'll look nice with white shorts or pants

Blah but I don't need it

Stuff I kind of want to buy

Nice flat sandals with gold hardware--oh but I already own a cute pair don't I

Denim shirt--but a really crisp looking one

Work shirt

Black leather purse--I could live without one though

Running shoes

Regular shoes---I need these so sooo badly

I guess that's it??

Maybe some on trend items

Like a beanie but that's getting so played out I don't even know

I really want 2 sweatshirts

And a cap

And a fringe bathing suit

But I really like all my bathing suits

I need a new nice dress

But I'll worry about that later

I guess I really like my clothes right now

Although you know I need,

Are some going out clothes

Work--->going out clothes

• 1 month later...

bought a white/cream saddlebag with a gold strap

grey skinnies with a stripe down each side

I want some light purple floral skinnies, a denim vest, a coca cola tee, dark brown boots, 2 crew neck sweaters--one in robin's egg blue, and pearl earrings.

Archived