Am I being too hopeful?

ironman73

yeah- I would have to agree (at least in my case). I have never said anything drunk which I really didn't mean (deep down).

He always told me how much he loves me when he has been drinking.. but he tried to be more composed sober.

He also told me that he really loved me when he was talking in his sleep. It was weird- he would wake *me* up to tell me how much he loved me- more than once. Finally I'd tell him to shut up. I think that I am going to have to wait out this month.

I did hear from a friend at work that she met a really nice guy over the weekend (after looking for a year) so it gave me a lot of hope that there is someone else out there and I can't rush it.

After all, art takes time.

There is also a Mexican saying: There are only two types of people who tell the truth: children and drunks.

I just talked to the psychiatrist on call (in the ER) and he confirmed the notion of alcohol is truth serum- it disinhibits you and you say things that you actually mean.

Maybe we should get our exes drunk and ask them all of the things we always wanted to know

I just talked to the psychiatrist on call (in the ER) and he confirmed the notion of alcohol is truth serum- it disinhibits you and you say things that you actually mean.

Maybe we should get our exes drunk and ask them all of the things we always wanted to know

That's nice to know, but honestly you are grasping at straws at this point. If you had to go so far as to call an ER psychiatrist to confirm that his words MAY have had some truth to them ... That should tell you something about how desperate your situation has become.

Archived