Poll: Results of an affair

reidqa

Forum,

There is possible 3 negatives from an affair, i did a poll online and wanted to ask (correaltion) as to the results of mine and the forum.

1: Violence: We read it in the news.

2: Child born not of spouse: Man raising child not his.

3: AID's: Sickness or possible death.

I would have thought that guilt and feeling like a low-life because you are betraying the person you were supposed to be true to would be in there. All of the negative consequences listed are about how it would negatively affect the person doing the cheating. I just think that is a bit selfish and sad.

I'm confused. You already did a poll or is this the poll?

An affair certainly may produce far more than the three negative consequences you list. You are ignoring the effects an affair has on the partner's self esteem, the impact on the relationship, and the harm to any children.

Oh, there are far more than 3 negatives results/consequences of an affair! You have categorized only a few of them... emotional devastation of innocent spouse and children, economic destruction/financial disaster of a divorce, loss of the family home, loss of security, etc. etc.

which of the 3 is the worst.

Well you never asked that question before. I guess I would agree on the three listed, violence is the worst. You have to know though it is a very skewed way of running a poll. It doesn't give you an answer of what people believe is worst consequence from infidelity, it just gives you an indication of what people think is worst from the things that you listed. It might give you the answer that you are looking for, whether it is an accurate reflection is another matter.

Archived