Do guys notice a girl's nails?

BritterSweet

I had my nails done professionally once with acrylics (asides from the random stick on nails which are rather fun) - and guys did seem to notice and comment. So I must assume they are looking. Never again though - it's such a pain.

Going to go against the grain here, and say that painted nails and long nails are a turn off for me.

I admit that I am a female, so this isn't even my place to comment but here is my thinking.

I am very active, creative, and outdoorsy. It would be impossible to keep my nails long and painted when I play guitar, banjo and piano (the strings chip the polish off when playing old time banjo, and on piano, long nails hit the keys and make a click noise)

I paint, and not neatly. I use my fingers a lot in my art. Oil paints don't get along with nail polish.

I am an avid hiker, fisher, rockclimber, and whatever other outdoor activity I come accross the opportunity to try. I thrash my hands. Nail polish and long nails end up chipped and broken.

If I see someone with perfect nails, I know their lifestyle doesn't jive with mine. (not that there is anything wrong with that, to each their own)

That said, I paint my toenails, and if I have a wedding or something to attend, I will throw some polish on my nails.

It's just not a priority though.

I don’t know why but I am actually repulsed to the point of heaving if I see those dreadful long fake finger nails, someone recently lifted their hand to me to illustrate her displeasure at one of them falling off, I nearly regurgitated in her face!

Don’t be offended those that do wear these, It’s just something that I really really dislike along with all those artificial things girls apply to their body’s such as that bright orange fake tan, Brrr

So to your question, yes, yes we do.

Whoa. I knew that not everyone likes fake nails, but I had no idea it was that bad for some people.

Yikes, to think I was considering getting fake nails after I graduate and get a job... This is because although painting my nails is fun, I don't get to do it much, only during summer break. I'm in nursing, so I can't have long nails or they will poke holes in my gloves. I thought fake nails would be more practical because I could take them off any time (I've never had fakes before, so I'm not sure if it works that way). But if it's that disgusting, then never mind.

I get acrylic nails filled and done regularly..light pink with white tips..they're not very short but they aren't claws either. I feel like a tom boy when I don't have mine done. I've never had any complaints though, my guy friends have offered to pay for me to get my nails done so I could scratch their head and back, lol..I never realized they were such a turn off for some people.

Archived