Ordered Fiancee a BIG vibrator and now I'm nervous about it

scotty2422

Ok, so I have a vibrating dildo coming in the mail for my fiancee. I got her one a couple weeks ago but it wasn't nearly as big - about 6.5" insertable and a little over 5" in girth. But it was kind of a crappy design so I decided to "go for it" and got one 8" insertable with 5" in girth. Now I'm nervous that this toy is going to overwhelm her, in a good way (wink, wink). I'm nervous about her using it that first time and hearing/seeing things I've never been able to do myself. This toy has a full 2" on me in length, a bit of an advantage in girth, and, hell, it vibrates! LOL

Just looking for some thoughts from women who use toys MUCH larger than their partner and if it's "ruined" them in some way. I know this might be a silly post but I'm inexperienced with using toys in a relationship. I'm a novice with this so don't beat me up too bad.

Generally with toys that are too big for me, I just don't use them all the way in. My partner is the ideal size for me (6"-7" depending on arousal). I've dated someone who was larger, and could probably hit some spots that caused insane amounts of pleasure - but he just didn't have "it" in bed. We didn't connect. It was like, let's get this over with. So I can pretty confidently say that size matters only to a certain degree. If the toy is 8" and you are 6" - I think its a neat way to play with her. Just the fact that you are getting her something to make her feel good is really thoughtful and nice. It will probably make her enjoy you more because she will view you as adventurous and giving. Huge part of sex is psychology. A 6 incher is not going to have problem pleasing a girl. Although I can only speak for myself.

I have to agree with OG that vibrators are personal. The vibrator I once got from a boyfriend was a surprise gift, and it was huge and ribbed, which....no. Safe to say I didn't use it that much. I prefer average size, smooth vibrators any time over that.

That's not to say your girlfriend won't love it though. When I got it, it was fun initially (because it was my very first vibrator and it was great to try new things). But I soon discovered it was not the vibrator I was looking for.

I have to agree with OG that vibrators are personal. The vibrator I once got from a boyfriend was a surprise gift, and it was huge and ribbed, which....no. Safe to say I didn't use it that much. I prefer average size, smooth vibrators any time over that.

That's not to say your girlfriend won't love it though. When I got it, it was fun initially (because it was my very first vibrator and it was great to try new things). But I soon discovered it was not the vibrator I was looking for.

If we are on the topic of gifting vibrators, I find it sexy, and interesting to receive one as a gift from a bf.

Yeah, vibrators can be personal, and everyone's tastes vary, but I like to see what HE THINKS I'll enjoy, or what he wants to see me try.

UPDATE: It just came! Ok, it's intimidatingly loooong...8" really is impressive. The girth is not crazy, though. It's basically (I'm almost 5" in girth) me with an additional couple of inches. So my fears are diminished somewhat. Wondering what all that extra length will do to her, and if she really really loves it will I be ok with that (not to mention the added bonus that this monster can also vibrate It's kinda crazy when you think about it - 6" is considered average, while 8" is considered, by most, as HUGE. Funny what 2 inches can do.

Ok, in the interest of grossing everyone out - just held it at my crotch and realized if I was 8" I'd be able to go down on myself Sorry.

I never use my vibrator for vaginal penetration. It's just not arousing in that way.

Don't be intimidated. Think about all the use you'll get out of it. The length is more or less so that the woman can stimulate the G spot.

I do but I ALWAYS have to have the stimulator turned on because yeah, just the vibrator itself does nothing for me being inserting it.

If we are on the topic of gifting vibrators, I find it sexy, and interesting to receive one as a gift from a bf.

Yeah, vibrators can be personal, and everyone's tastes vary, but I like to see what HE THINKS I'll enjoy, or what he wants to see me try.

Agreed - I dislike the one I got as a gift but I love that it was a gift! I still use it sometimes for clitoral stimulation. I always find it thoughtful.

The most amazing thing about sex is the closeness you get with an actual human being, who loves you for who you are and respects you. The simple act of acceptance. You can never have that experience with the toy. Closeness itself turns me way on.

Archived