Should I tell him how I feel??

myonlymotive

Hey guys,

Long story short I have a problem with this guy. We had a heap of attraction when we first met and ended up dating for awhile, but he wasn't ready for a relationship/ there was an age gap, so we stopped- but I was still extremely into him. We were FWB for 6 months but I cut it off after I fell for him, knowing that he didn't want a relationship.

After a couple of years we recently became friends again, and after we saw each other at a party we've been on a couple of dates- the first couple he was really affectionate but the last one he said he 'just wanted to keep things casual' because he was going away for a month.

Now he's back (only has been for a few days) and we've talked a couple of times, but he hasn't shown any further interest. He hasn't asked me out again.

I don't want things to be casual again, I like him still and I don't want my heart broken.

Should I just give him more time (though we were 'dating' for a month before he left, was that enough time?) or should I ask him out and see how it goes orrr maybe just re-iterate how I feel (I've told him I liked him before and I was the one who asked him out on the first date)? I'm just so stuck with this guy!!

He's very independent and hasn't really dated anyone in a ridiculously long amount of time, so the reason I'm scared of admitting my feelings openly is that I don't want to scare him off- because yeah, in any other circumstance that would be the obvious option to me

Thank you in advance!!

Sounds like he just keeps repeating the same old pattern with you--because he can. You're already clear that that's not what you want, so don't play. If the guy decides he's interested enough to ask for another date, he will. I'd make this less about him and more about you--why would you want to involve yourself with anyone who doesn't consider you an important priority?

Archived