heart vs. brain

My heart keeps telling me that he is going to come back. My brain is shouting to my heart to let it go...

I feel so helpless to know that there is "absolutely nothing" I can do to change the situation, when I would do "anything" to change the situation...

I just watched 500 days of summer. I am so afraid that my ex will think this way later...

Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew.

Tom: Knew what?

Summer: What I was never sure of with you.

No problem, glad you like it. Thought it would be super if there was put a definition on love.

And indeed, you're right. It's why there's that saying that if you love someone you let them go

and if they come back, they're yours to keep. I'd hope you end up with him, but on one condition,

that you are both happy. Eitherway, rest assured, things move on.

My heart keeps telling me that he is going to come back. My brain is shouting to my heart to let it go...

I feel so helpless to know that there is "absolutely nothing" I can do to change the situation, when I would do "anything" to change the situation...

I just watched 500 days of summer. I am so afraid that my ex will think this way later...

Summer: I woke up one morning and I just knew.

Tom: Knew what?

Summer: What I was never sure of with you.

im going to need to watch that movie thanks for the recommendation

Yep... in my experience there's no way of stopping this ongoing battle. Mine is still going strong at 3.5 months, although it is looking like someday the brain is going to eventually win. The heart is one heck of a fighter, though, and the brain has had some seriously weak moments where if it wasn't nourished with self-love and self-respect everyday, it would've given in.

If you stay NC and they don't come back, the head eventually wins.

I feel you dear....

I want him back, I don't care, I would ask no questions. Basically, I'm an idiot.

500 Days of Summer. huh. yeah. I saw that. I also saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

If my ex wants to feel like 500 days, fine. Frankly, at this point i would choose Eternal Sunshine. God help me, if I could forget him.

I'm strong, I'm a warrior, but, I'm so stupid. I'm not smart enough to say no to him. However, he will never return, so it's a moot point. Blueberry....I wish you the best dear....(hug)

All the best everyone.

It's funny. I'm such a logical person, yet I can't stop my heart from feeling this way too. I told her all about it this weekend, mainly because I feel horrible because I know I'm lying to the both of us if I continue our budding friendship when my heart will not let go.

It feels like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. All my heart want is to talk to her. I feel horrible now because I think she genuinely wants me to be a part of her life, but not the way I want. So selfish of me I know, but she doesn't need me anymore, especially when I'm like this. It won't be the friendship she thinks it will be because my heart will win if we continue down this path.

If my head wins though (through this period of NC I'm determined to fulfill) I worry I'll lose my best friend forever.

Love stinks sometimes.

Archived