Setbacks

MsSelfDestruct

So I started a new painting quite some time ago, and just like that last one I haven't had any time or willpower to work on it.. well, that's a little beside the point.

I mixed all of this paint (probably about 2-3 months ago) and I put it in this lovely air-tight egg container. My paint grew thicker but it still kept wet, but I'd still spray it with water so it was still workable. Well, I opened the container up this morning to paint after a 3 week hiatus to find that there was a fuzzy white substance growing around the rim of one of the wells...

Oh my.

My paint grew mold.

It never occurred to me that this was possible.

Ok. So I scraped the mold out of the paint. Though the lazy teen in me wants to keep working with that paint, I'm not so stupid as to do so. I don't know much about this sort of thing but the well-being of my art is very important to me. Is the rest of the paint in the container contaminated? It's bad enough that I have to remix the color that I was using as a base for everything.. I don't know if I can handle the setback of having to remix all of my colors because I was supposed to have the thing half-finished for tomorrow and well.. it's nowhere near that.

Thanks for the read... any advice on the hazards of moldy paint to my art would be much appreciated.

](*,)