I can't believe I actually went through with it :|

lostgirlaus

I just did it. I broke up with him. I spoke to him about that girl and he said he wasn't flirting with her. I caved and said he won as usual, but then realized why am I doing this to myself? I broke up with him and it seems so surreal... I'm annoyed he didn't beg like I did haha. I can't believe I did it, and that too a day after our 10 months...

We have a trip together in less than 2 months and now I'm not sure what to do about it. I can't imagine going on it without him, it was supposed to be for our 1 year. Also I have some of his stuff, not sure what to do about that either as I want to start NC right away...

You are right to start NC right away. The first two weeks are the hardest. If you have a mate who has your back in this, you can box up his stuff and sent it back through the friend. Do it soon!!

As for the trip, check into the cancellation policy. Get your refund and keep that time open for a new trip to a new location. Even if it is a series of shorter trips doing different things with friends.

He will likely use the trip or his stuff as a logical excuse to continue contact. Do not fall into this trap. Each conversation about those things will no doubt bring up many emotions. No contact as soon as possible especially since you seem to have a history of breakups and makeups. Good luck. Check in often for the support you need here.

Well he asked me about getting his stuff back and I said we'd speak later tonight as he is just heading to work and he said "ok I'm going to check the refund policy now. I haven't got anyone who can deliver his stuff to him, and I don't really want to see him again as that will make it worse..

I'm glad you finally took the initiative to break things off and realizing that you deserve a lot more than he has to offer.

In regards to his items, is it really heavy? Perhaps you can mail it to him? Otherwise, you can agree to drop off his things, but make sure you bring a friend along so you can just leave right away or you can have him pick it up at your place, again don't be alone so it won't be awkward.

After that, NC is the best policy. Stay strong hun!

Take a girlfriend. Or a relative. Or anyone - and go ENJOY those places you wanted to see!!!

There's more to going places than being with someone else. If you were going just to be with him, well, you might as well had just planned a trip to the backyard, through the jacuzzi, and back up the stairs - same difference!!

Take a girlfriend. Or a relative. Or anyone - and go ENJOY those places you wanted to see!!!

There's more to going places than being with someone else. If you were going just to be with him, well, you might as well had just planned a trip to the backyard, through the jacuzzi, and back up the stairs - same difference!!

True but we were going for our 1 year, which is NYE. Where were staying is very couple orientated, but I suppose I'll have to take a friend

I have the exact same problem as you, trip booked overseas for NYE which also would have been our one year anniversary, although we've been broken up for a month and a bit now, so it's probably easier for me to deal with. My suggestion would be get some friends to come along too, I have another 3 people coming on the trip now which should make things far easier if there is any uncomfortable crap going on

I have the exact same problem as you, trip booked overseas for NYE which also would have been our one year anniversary, although we've been broken up for a month and a bit now, so it's probably easier for me to deal with. My suggestion would be get some friends to come along too, I have another 3 people coming on the trip now which should make things far easier if there is any uncomfortable crap going on

Haha I see you're from Aus too, hope you're not going to the GC too

Archived