So confused.. is it me??

myonlymotive

Hey guys, thanks in advance for any and all advice.. I'm so confused on this, I've hit a wall- I just don't know what to do.

So I met a guy in ... March and felt instantly attracted to him- he was gorgeous, intelligent- and the chemistry was amazing. Unfortunately he had a girlfriend, so I backed off. Months passed and eventually in July they broke up- and we got together in August. We've just hit the three month mark, and I'm starting to doubt things.

Firstly, he's 23 and I'm 19. I enjoy relationships, and I wouldn't mind a 'serious' relationship (I firmly believe you can find someone you can spend the rest of your life with at any age)- and I've been with a few people who've had the idea that we'd be together forever, but I've never really passed the two month mark. He, however, has been in a few long term relationships and I think he sees things differently.

I have a massive problem with commitment of any kind, and right now I'm getting to the point where I'm not feeling the intense infatuation I did at the start of the relationship. I still like him a fair bit but... I'm not sure whether I want to be with him anymore. I'm wondering- is it because we're not in the honeymoon phase anymore? Is this something I just need to get over? Is it due to my being horrible at commitment??

I've also been thinking about somebody else and, although I'm not sure whether I want to be with them yet, I take the fact that I'm thinking about it as a bad sign...

I've discussed my commitment issues with him before but he hasn't really taken the hint.. he's also a little clingy (but I already drew the line by saying we were spending too much time together and taking each other for granted, so now we only see each other maybe twice a week). So yeah.. things are odd at the moment, but I still really like him... I'm so confused!! I just need some advice...

Sorry about the wall of text, thank you if you got through all of that!!

Having been through something similar a little while back (and at 35 I am much older than you) I will say that a) you aren't that into him and b) his clinginess is making you realise that fact - pushing you towards a decision where otherwise you would have prevaricated longer.

This happens for a reason, trust the universe. Break up with him so he can find someone who really likes him.

Archived