What takes sex from "okay" to "good" to "awesome"?

Lady Rashomon

I suspect I'm going to be experiencing a period of self-imposed celibacy for a long time, but I've been thinking a lot about sex lately (go figure) and how my own sex life (a mere ten years long) has been pretty limited, mediocre and lackluster. I'm curious: how do you define, for yourself, the difference between mediocre sex and fantastic sex? What is the best sex you've ever had, and what made it so special? (Or is it all pretty much the same to you? For instance, Woody Allen once said something along the lines of sex being like pizza--even if it's bad, it's still pretty good.)

To make sex better I think adding a little spice to it will make it above average. Spontanuity will difinately bring it up to the good category. I never experience awesome sex before so I can't tell you that. As long as she doesn't lay there like a corpse then its all good.

For me it's been: not doing it in a while, doing something spontaneous, and REALLY good foreplay... Also for women I think it's a "mental" thing as well. Removing those mental blocks(I'm still working on that) and just enjoying the act, really can make sex into something really amazing.

The best sex I've ever had was usually very spontaneous. Unexpected, naughty, etc... Also the best sex was never a casual one night stand.

And another thing, I had sex on MDMA once and it wasn't that amazing. It FELT amazing, but neither of us could reach orgasm.

I would say awesome sex entails build up. You two have been away from each other for some time, been sending some suggestive flirty messages, then the moment comes when you two meet then bam. It would also help if you really love the person. But yes I think some anticipation is definitely important.

I think it would help if people didn't have sex with more then the hand can count. I'm talking about a lot of people out there in general who sleep with plenty of people like it's no big deal then compare them to everyone else they have done it with. So many people don't even love the people they have sex with. I always hear people say stuff like "gotta take it for test drive to see how it is". There is no way in hell that someone loves someone then drops them because they don't like the sex. Loving someone should be stronger then anything. Although this thread probably has nothing to do with love, so I don't know since everyone thinks differently.

O yah and in before "You are a big time baddie virgin Shinobie, you don't know anything". Friends and people have enlightened me over the past year about not letting stuff bother me but I probably shouldn't say what they said. I guess I just don't let things bother me as much anymore.

I suspect I'm going to be experiencing a period of self-imposed celibacy for a long time, but I've been thinking a lot about sex lately (go figure) and how my own sex life (a mere ten years long) has been pretty limited, mediocre and lackluster. I'm curious: how do you define, for yourself, the difference between mediocre sex and fantastic sex? What is the best sex you've ever had, and what made it so special? (Or is it all pretty much the same to you? For instance, Woody Allen once said something along the lines of sex being like pizza--even if it's bad, it's still pretty good.)

Being in love with the person you have sex with makes it awesome...

For me, the build-up to the sex itself is what makes a difference in how amazing it is. When my boyfriend teases me all night long while we're eating dinner, watching tv, etc. (touching, hinting, flirting), then by the time it actually happens he's gotten me so worked up and ready for it that it's incredible. Also, as a woman, I can say that getting "individual" attention makes it much better. If a guy can be patient enough to focus on making ME feel good, it makes me feel extra sexy.

Archived