How can you making lighting like this for photography?

Pall Wall

I'd like to shoot my own movie poster. I have a digital camera that shoots 1080p pics. I'd like to get shoot my friends in this kind of professional lighting

link removed

But here is the thing, I'm don't want to get super big lights that are a $1,000 bucks like at a real studio. I rather just use (and this will sound stupid) but just a portable to light to take anywhere like using a lamp. I'd want to go to friend's houses and shoot their pics as they pose. So isn't there a specific lamp or bulb I would need for an amateur job like this?

Also does anyone here know a good site for this kind of info, and where I should places my lights to make this kind of lighting effect?

link removed

What kind of camera do you have?

A head shot can be done easily as long as you have enough light, very white background (if you're trying to mimic the picture above), and use an external flash with a remote bounced off an umbrella or through a diffuser. I'm assuming the pictures above have two or more lighting. Main light on the upper right and a filler light from the left. Also utilize the natural light outside if you can't get enough light and you're on a budget. Early in the morning or late in the afternoon will be perfect when the sun is defused; cloudy days are perfect to shoot any time of the day with no harsh light and you can use a decent external flash as a fill light. It'll probably be your best bet to get enough lighting yet still have a professional look.

Check out sites like this:

link removed

Flash techniques:

link removed

link removed