Birthday Card?

Philabonia

I didnt know quite where to post this, so under this forum (since my overall intent is as such) seemed the most logical...

Long story short, we broke up 3 months ago (her choice), and have not been in contact much since - refer to my other thread for the full story. I, of course, love her dearly and regret a lot, and would only like to show her that.

Her birthday is coming up in mid-October. I am going to send her a birthday card. I have already decided this, so please do not try to talk me out of it; even if we ended horribly, I would still have the decency to reach out in such a manner.

My question is, what the heck should I say? I've already told her I miss her and love her, and that had no affect. I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of a friendly greeting, keep it light, and let her know that I care about her no matter what the circumstances. That is how I honestly feel - that, even 60 yrs from now, no matter what happens, I will still care for her and want her to be happy. Its just what reality is. Sure, I can move on, but I will always have a place in my heart.

I want to say that without being mushy - should I even say that at all? Any advice on the topic would be appreciated!

That's probably the best idea - the card should be enough. I havent contacted her in over a month now, and I only responded to her texts with non-emotional language. I still miss her all the time, but I need to at least put up the image that I am moving on quite easily. I will make the card kind of humorous too - I dont want it to even mention the past.

Should I go store-bought Hallmark or a handwritten?

Archived