New to Forum. Extremely sad due to Breakup

rgvsouth

hello

26yrs old female

i fell in love. and i believed everything this guy said to me. Children, marriage, house, future and i even got a nice car for him(which i ended keeping)

But at this moment i feel sad. Im trying my best to hang out with friends etc..trying to be strong.

But i need everybodys HELP with a sentence he said to me. He said "Im just gonna hurt you in the long run"

thanks guys.

Hi....and welcome. I am very new here, myself. Have not posted my own story(ies) yet....... But I do read every post, every thread, as much as possible, and I do find a great deal of help here. . .

I agree with the first poster, it does sound like he has not been successful with commitment in the past and is still not ready to settle down

It's hard to get through this, I've been there. But you can and will come through it, and i wish you all the best. . . .

....no, I don't think it necessarily means he's cheated on you...depends on the context or the conversation in which he said it.

Could mean he did cheat, and is using this as almost an excuse for his behavior.

Or it could mean he knows he isn't long-term material and believes he is doing you a favor because he can't or won't stay faithful or sober or what not in the future.

Archived