Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

sherryberrypie

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting engaged is a freaking whirlwind!! LOL. Okay that's enough attention for me now... I'm not the type that easily makes announcements and I certainly don't crave the spotlight. After last night we were both just exhausted! Alex chose to veg all day for his birthday, so I just went to work, and we still have our plans to go caving/beaching on the weekend. I wanted to go to the river, but we realized that we were both just too tired to hike to our beach, so we didn't go and I didn't play hooky. Two more workdays until the weekend! Wooohoo! Since I know OG is dying for details..

Quite a cute story, really. Apparently nothing went according to plan, but I think that's how it was supposed to be! I worked from 6-10 am on my birthday, came home and had lunch, prettied myself up, and then went to my other job until 6:30 pm. I was absolutely exhausted and want nothing more than to just get home and be with Alex. He thought that I was off work at 10, so when I got home, he was a bit flustered. I was starving and he hadn't made dinner yet because he thought he had hours to do everything. He was going to do candles and the whole works.

I decided I wanted to have cake before dinner, so he humoured me and told me to go relax outside and he'd bring the cake out. He brought out a double chocolate cake lit with sparklers and I sat there and squeed over them while he ran inside the house to stop the smoke detector (LOL). We dug into our cake and then he disappeared and came back and held me from behind, arms around me. He handed me a card and oh my lord that thing made me cry. I was trying to hold it together but I was exhausted and all of the words, just so sweet. He later told me he spent a good hour and a half in the card aisle!

Anyways, then he said "this is for you too" and handed me the little box. Completely unexpected! I unwrapped the box and the tears really started to flow! I said something like "shouldn't you be down on one knee?" and he replied that he was "exactly where he was supposed to be" (still holding me backwards) The next few minutes are a blur, but it was a lot of holding each other and complete sweetness, and tears and finally he got down on one knee and asked so quietly that I didn't hear him! He was like, "well, you didn't answer me! Will you?" I decided I wanted to hear the words, so I teased, saying "Will I what?" LOL Of course I said yes and we went back to the table and he put the poor neglected ring on my finger. It was so intimate and special. I love that NOTHING went according to plan, but neither of us cared! We ate our dinner on our patio surrounded by our garden, in the sunset and no fancy restaurant could have topped that! So special.

And it is facebook official now, so it must be real!

I don't think it's fair that I have to come down off my cloud already But, I've got double shifts and deadlines. Really need to get this paper going, only have 5 days left. Problem is, I have cramps and my back hurts so I can't get comfy. However, my last day of working at the call centre is going to be September 2nd, so I only have 6 days left of this.

Phoned my mom and told her the news. NOW it's official. I couldn't get a hold of her all day yesterday so I felt so bad that other people knew first, but she understands. I can't get a hold of either person I need to interview right now. Ahhh stressed! My computer was being such a piece that I threatened to sell it. Tuneup is a horrible program. I deleted it because I couldn't even get online or get to my word docs. I think it's okay now... I completely spaced on my doctor's appointment today. For the second time! I think I'm stretching myself too thin. I rescheduled with a different doctor for Monday because I won't be able to get in to see my doctor until after my prescriptions run out. I'm supposed to do a follow up with him, but he's just too darn busy and I keeping screwing up. Closing the computer and going for tea with a friend. So anxious and tense.

Felt much better. Had lunch at Tim Hortons before job #1. Job #1 has become fun and easy and the day flew. Hurried to job #2 and first thing out of my co-worker's mouth was "I was getting worried, Missy!" Apparently the clock in the break room is 5 mins slow. Co-worker was in a really bad mood, but after awhile my chipperness lifted her spirits and the night got better. It went pretty fast too, actually! I am too scared to wear my ring in the deli (lost my right hand ring there) so I keep it on my necklace with the pendant from our first anniversary. I like it there

I miss Alex. Miss my fiance (hard to get used to that word) Since we've gotten engaged we've only had a couple of hours together. Sorry OG, I know it's been over a year for you. Don't mean to be insensitive, but I do miss him. I can't wait until Sunday when we can wake up together and go and spend the day spelunking So wish me luck tomorrow. It's my Friday and I work at 6 am, and then again until 10:30 pm. It's 11 pm now but I just got home from job #2 LOL. Gonna be a sleepy morning.

I got an article sent to me that I wasn't expecting. It was like Christmas morning!!

Having an FML moment. Now I know why people get engaged on vacation. You can actually relax and enjoy the time! There's supposed to be an afterflow, isn't there? Well, I worked a 50 hour week and all I wanted was to spend today with Alex. We were going to go caving and to the beach. Got 30 minutes out of town and he got called back to the worksite. Not only did he get called to the site, but he had to say on the phone with "Johnny Reiteration" for a good 45 minutes while we sat in the car on the highway. Now he is at work and I am bummed.

Having an FML moment. Now I know why people get engaged on vacation. You can actually relax and enjoy the time! There's supposed to be an afterflow, isn't there? Well, I worked a 50 hour week and all I wanted was to spend today with Alex. We were going to go caving and to the beach. Got 30 minutes out of town and he got called back to the worksite. Not only did he get called to the site, but he had to say on the phone with "Johnny Reiteration" for a good 45 minutes while we sat in the car on the highway. Now he is at work and I am bummed.

lol, I know how that feels. L and I got engaged via email (in fact I was walking into work when he popped the question) so the whole rest of the day I was bouncing like crazy. It didn't help that we kept our engagment under wraps for a good month in order to tell the proper people first. Not THAT was hard as Heck for me!

I have been slowly telling people. I'm not the type of person to bounce into a room and announce news. A lot of people I am surrounded by these days are veyr new in my life (new team, new co-workers.) Those who do know demand to know a wedding date or to see the ring. I guess I never realized how PUBLIC your relationship becomes when you get engaged, and how much stock people put into the jewellery. I'm getting used to saying "fiance" and it feels much more natural to wear the ring now. For a bit there, I thought I might need to switch from the knife edge band to a comfort fit, but it's not uncomfortable anymore and I love the look of the knife-edge. I looked at wedding bands online and every time I see a ring similar to mine I realize what an amazing deal we got!

Today wasn't as much of a bust as it could have been. Alex dropped me off and I cleaned up the house a bit. He made us some lunch (okay, popcorn and smokies...) and we watched a movie. Doesn't matter what we're doing, as long as we're together. We went to my mom's for dinner, which was really nice Unfortunately she didn't know he's allergic to seafood and marinated the meat in fish sauce. Ah! Poor guy!

Archived