Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

sherryberrypie

In other ways our relationship just totally defies traditional gender roles and ideas.

I hear ya there hahaha. I AM going to tell him that I want to definitely be engaged before I'm 26. I think that's reasonable and something that he would be able to understand, seeing as he was so determined to buy a house before he hit 24...for whatever reason. How long have you two been married now?

I had a cheeseburger and onion rings today. So good, but now my gut feels all burny

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We haven't even been married for eight months yet... I just counted it out on my fingers, and it seems like so much longer than that (but not in a bad way!). I think it's totally reasonable to want to be engaged by 26... but then, that's coming from the girl who got married at 22 and whose mom and sister were both married at age 20.

FML. Seriously. All we wanted was ONE weekend. Two days to relax and leave things behind. Alex's work phone kept ringing, and he was coughing up blood. Yes, blood. We left the hotel first thing this morning and spent the rest of it driving back home and seeing doctors. He had an x-ray done and a blood test done because now he needs a CT scan because the x-ray showed this weird half-moon shaped shadow on one of his lungs. Freaked out right now. As soon as I get done my strike reporting for the day, I am just going to spend the rest of the day trying to relax with Alex. He's doubly stressed because there is a gas leak or something at his work site so everything is shut down AGAIN. Can you guys please think good thoughts for his health?

After a very emotional and crappy day, we managed to turn things around. Went to dinner at our favourite spot here in town and then met up with some friends to watch Battle LA. It has no plot, very little character development, but LOTS of cool explosions, which was what we both needed to clear our heads. After that we had 'coffee' with two girlfriends and sat around for hours joking and goofing off. It really helped. Today he is going back to the walk-in to ask for his x-ray to be sent to a radiologist and to have this x-ray compared with a previous one from a couple of years ago.

Going to be so glad when this issue is finished. I have spent SO much time researching and interviewing for this big article. Spent another 5 hours at it today and I am hungry and exhausted at this point. I screwed up my eating today, I only had cereal for breakfast, and a couple of coffees and a piece of lemon loaf at Starbucks. Now it's 6 pm and I'm totally woozy and starving. Hope once I have some dinner that my head will de-cloud because I have a lot of writing ahead today and tomorrow. I didn't get the associate editor job, but I am actually kind of relieved. I'm finding that I like news much better. The new managing editor is giving me the news position again, with a raise because she said that news is the right fit for me and I am kicking $#% at it...she doesn't want anyone else to have the section. I should ask what the raise will be when she has more info, because I'd MUCH prefer to not have to work two jobs anymore. I only have one shift this week anyhow. I know my boss likes the new girl better so she is getting all of the hours, but I've been wanting to quit for awhile anyways. It's just so corporate and ridiculous.

I doubt it.

I feel sad. Alex didn't come home again today We were supposed to go see my movie choice tonight (since his was last night) but he forgot. I know he's stressed and worried, but he's always trying to protect me by withholding information or his true feelings. It's frustrating.

Why do men do this? I'm not a fragile creature that needs to be protected, would they like it if we did this? L doesn't do this a lot but he has a few times. His thing is he's a rational thinker and in a hysterical moment thinks with his rational brain and doesn't let the emotion show - sometimes I need the emotion!

I guess all I can do now is give him big hugs. His Dad is in the medical field and is prepared to go all 'poppa bear' if things don't move quickly. He's been cleared for a CT and now just has to wait for an appointment. I went and saw a doc this morning about my snoring problem/teeth grinding/constant sleepiness. She said that I have a sinus infection and will feel better and breathe better if I use a saline solution. So I bought a saline solution kit and just used it. What a difference! I feel so clear and feel like that mass of gross in my throat is breaking up. Con- I feel like I have to sneeze now but can't

Felt just so exhausted today. Finished the paper, started a research paper, and napped for an hour. Exciting day. My friends are at the bar, but I couldn't be bothered. I asked Alex last night if he managed to eat healthy yesterday. He sheepishly answered that he had Wendy's

Breakfast:

life cereal

Snack

ice cream (whoops)

Lunch

ramen

Dinner

roasted chicken

pasta salad with veggies

green salad with tomato and caesar dressing/croutons

yam/potato salad

Didn't go to boot camp. No energy. Going to the gym in the morning.

Archived