Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

sherryberrypie

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turns out I am still waiting for one more T4 in the mail. *wait wait*

I shopped today. Got a great deal on new intimates and I can replace another of my old bras. I also got a pretty light green lace top and a pink cotton/lace 3/4 sleeve tee. From work I bought a couple of t-shirts, one green with a mesh neckline and one black with crochet detail. I ran into a friend/my "trainer" at one of the shops so we kind of shopped together, and I pulled one of my friends from her work and we had dinner in the food court. One of the jewelry stores in the mall just got completely revamped (HUGE selection now) so I had fun trying different things on, just for fun. Now that I know Alex wants to pick something completely by himself, I'm not trying to decide what I like anymore, I just kind of have the excuse to play. Fact is, I like it all, except clusters. That's the one thing I hate.

Starting to feel really on edge about the strike. If there is a strike, one thing that may happen is tuition refunds... meaning an incomplete semester for everyone, even those about to graduate. At this point, everyone is getting worried and nervous and we have no idea what is going to happen. It's starting to really become something major.

Yesterday:

Breakfast

Special K blueberry cereal (do not recommend. it will now grow stale in the cupboard until Alex or I finally toss it out in about July...)

Mango yogurt

Snack

Thinsation chocolate bar

Lunch

None- was ready to chew off my own arm by 4, but I had to work late and didn't bother taking a break

Dinner

steamed rice and teriyaki chicken with veggies and pineapple

Snack

blueberry scone

large glass milk

I need to do some more reporting on the strike situation..will just add that to the existing article on production day...wrath of the art director be damned! My boss wrangled the 12th and 13th off for me!! yay!!

Alex is really stressed right now, I can tell. The company is on his shoulders for the month and I think he's feeling it. Last night I came home and he was playing Streetfighter. Didn't want to talk, or cuddle, or really have anything to do with anything. He didn't even remember to eat dinner until about 10 pm. I want to do something nice for him, but I'm not sure what...

went to bed hungry... this is going to take some getting used to

Had enough to eat during the day, really. Trying to get out of the habit of midnight snacking.

Sooo I just did the first budget/pie chart of the year. Scary! Convenience foods are costing us way too much money

We've set some goals and I know I am going to think twice before buying a $4.00 smoothie again!

Okay, not having a good day. Alex is mad that I spent money when we could have put it towards our weekend away, he's mad at himself because he has accidentally been paying double for his student loan bills, I lost my paycheque (found it AFTER we got home from the bank). Glurgh. I think I'm just going to go sulk at the gym for awhile. It's pouring rain outside to boot.

Nothing wrong with paying double on the student loans. In the end, it's probably one of the best ways he could have spent his money. It might hurt now but is SO worth it in the end.

Good for you for drowning in your sorrows at the gym. It sounds like you're really sticking to your plans and I'm sure you'll love the results from eating well and working out.

What movie did you end up watching?

I'm fairly lucky in that I've worked my whole Uni 'life', so I didn't have any outstanding debt by the end of it. I heard the interest rate is brutal, something along the lines of 10-12%. If so, I could understand why he is keen on making double payments. You can't even get rid of it by declaring bankruptcy.

Can you eat well and work out at the gym for me? Thanks in advance.

I wound up watching Being Erica for about 5 hours (SLACKER)

I don't regret taking out loans. I am glad I don't have any this year though. Interest rate is soo high! I told him that I was kind of glad he's been double-paying, but he still hates it. He spent a lot of time by himself today and came down and admitted that yeah, he was feeling very stressed. The poor guy had to leave the house in the middle of a shower to deal with an outage at the site. Did I mention it's pouring rain? UMA, you were right. Sometimes, people just need to be left alone to decompress.

You're cute mousty Your kids probably burn a ton of calories as it is.

Today was a success!

Breakfast: mix of apple cinnamon and multigrain cheerios with blueberries

Lunch: scrambled eggs, half of an ugli fruit (mmm yummm) and a toasted scone (no butter or anything!)

Snack: cherry yogurt

Dinner: caesar salad and tortellini with rose sauce

Workout, 30 mins on bike, 15 on weights, 15 abs and stretching out my sore muscles from Thursday's class. Tomorrow at 10 am is abs, butt, and thighs Saturday. I'm hungry, but I ate a ton of tortellini, so I am just going to have a glass of milk and go to bed. Really tired anyway.

There is actually no way to target weight loss in one specific area, but you can strengthen your abs, get a stronger core and have an easier time of it in general. The machines are okay, but it's way more effective to work multiple muscles groups at once instead of just sitting on a machine and using your arms, or using your legs. Google these exercises: modified dead lift, wood-chipper, military press, and reverse crunch and they should get you started. All of those work the abs/back/arms/legs at the same time.

No class this morning, so I just did another 45ish minute workout on my own. Elliptical, arms, abs. Grocery shopped after that and bought myself low-cal treats. Got Alex his own so he will stay out of mine Worked from 1-4 and I was fine all day, super energetic even, but at about 3:30 this really bad headache hit. I was exchanging a couple of shirts and picking one out for Alex and it just hit all of a sudden. It's just now going away because I finally gave in and took an extra strength ibuprofen. Fun Saturday night At least I have Moesy here with me, looking all cute and fluffy.

Breakfast

Multigrain cheerios w/blueberries

Lunch

Half bagel with margarine, lox and capers

Half ataulfo mango (best mangoes ever if you like mangoes)

Cranberry oatmeal Lifestyles cookie

Snack

100 cal chocolate chip granola bar-

Dinner

Pork chop breaded and cooked with cream of mushroom soup

steamed green beans

5 perogies

Snack

another granola bar

some trail mix and dried cranberries

Have you tried asking Alex to rub your neck and head when you get a headache? I know that works better than painkillers for me, especially if it's done when the headache is just coming on.

Sorry you had to suffer.

Yeah I get very strong headaches, which usually include strong backaches, puking etc... I usually do a combo of back pain releiver, stretches, ibuprofen, hot baths, and sleeping. I don't know how I would do it without the meds. P. is so tired of massaging me

Massage is one of the remedies I use when I get a headache. When they get really bad all mine are in my neck at the hairline and to have someone put pressure there... ahhhhhh. I have other remedies though, especially since L is 4,000 miles and can't rub me. I like putting Icy Hot - or Vicks vapor rub works too - on my neck and putting a heating pad on it. Works every time.

I'm looking forward to next weekend. Alex is making reservations for a night at a really gorgeous inn overlooking the water, we're going to go to our favourite restaurant during the day and poke around this other city. Will be so nice for him to be able to completely leave work behind. Last night he had to run out to the site (for the third time) at 10:30 because the engine went down. Yech.

Archived